Fort Stockton Oil Field Accidents
Although working in the Fort Stockton oilfield can be lucrative, it comes with many risks. The heavy equipment, long hours, and fast-paced environment can sometimes lead to unfortunate circumstances. If you or a loved were injured in an oilfield accident, a Fort Stockton oilfield accident lawyer could help. At Carabin Shaw, we’ve won over $500 million for our clients because we dedicate ourselves to making the most of every case we handle. If you’ve experienced Fort Stockton oilfield injuries and accidents, we are ready to work with you to get you justice.Types of Oilfield Injuries
The hazardous conditions of the oilfield often lead to catastrophes. The following are the most common types of injuries that occur in the oilfield:
- Bone damage: The damage to bone includes fractures, dislocations, shattered bones, and broken bones.
- Amputations and limb damage: An accident in the oilfield could lead to crushed limbs, long-term damage to extremities, and partial or total amputation. If you’ve suffered limb damage, speak with a Fort Stockton injury lawyer.
- Burns:Burn damage includes first, second, and third-degree burns, as well as scarring and blistering.
- Head injuries and brain trauma: Skull fractures, brain injuries, and concussions can all be the result of an oilfield accident. A lawyer will know what to do if you’ve sustained head or brain injuries.
- Soft tissue damage: Soft tissue injuries can be strains, sprains, and the tearing of ligaments, muscles, and tendons.
- Neck and back injuries: Neck and back damage can be a severed spinal cord, broken vertebrae, pinched nerves, paralysis, or whiplash. If you’ve suffered neck and back injuries, an attorney can help.
- Harm to the skin:Skin injuries range from cuts, bruises, and punctures to chemical burns or frostbite.
Every oilfield injury is caused by accident, which often happens because workers are fatigued or undertrained. If any of these scenarios apply to you, talk to a lawyer. Common accidents in the oilfield include the following:
- Vehicle accidents:Trucking accidents are one of the leading causes of injuries in the oilfield or near a worksite. Collisions with heavy equipment, vehicle turnovers, and crashes with other company vehicles can all cause serious damage. If you were injured in a vehicle accident in the oilfield, a Fort Stockton oilfield accident lawyer can walk you through your options.
- Explosions or fires:The risk of fire or explosions is a constant hazard for workers in the oil industry. Flammable gas is everywhere. One of the many electrical or heat sources found on an oil site can easily ignite it. These sources include friction, static electricity, and open flames.
- Trips, slips, and falls:Tripping and slipping can happen when employees are overworked in a fast-paced environment. Falls are an additional hazard because oilfield workers often have to work on high platforms, which can lead to dangerous consequences. Talk to an oilfield injury attorney in Fort Stockton if a slip, trip, or fall injured you.
- Heavy equipment failures:Workers are often required to operate heavy machinery for many tasks on a Fort Stockton oil rig. If this equipment fails or is misused, it can cause severe injury or death. Problems like inadequate maintenance, negligent safety inspections, overuse, or inexperience can all lead to heavy equipment failure. Talk to an attorney if heavy equipment failure caused your injury.
Oilfield accidents are often preventable tragedies, which is why you need to fight back if you were injured. A Fort Stockton injury lawyer can work with you to make a winning case. Our team at Carabin Shaw cares about victims, and we believe oil companies should be held responsible for any accident their actions or inaction caused. Speak with a Fort Stockton oilfield accident lawyer at our firm today.
For a free consultation, call 432-620-0544 or dial toll-free at 1-800-862-1260.