Have You Been Injured in a Midland Burn Accident?
Burn injuries can leave victims with long, painful recovery processes and even permanent scarring and disfigurement. If someone else’s negligence caused your burn injury, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your expenses and your pain and suffering.
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury in Midland, consult a burn injury lawyer in Midland Texas to review your options for recovering compensation. The Texas burn injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw have been fighting for Texas burn victims for over 28 years and can review your case for free today.Do You Need to Hire a Lawyer for Your Burn Injury?
After any severe injury that you believe was caused by someone else, it is always advisable to contact a Midland accident attorney. An attorney can help you understand if you have a valid claim against whoever caused your accident and help you begin building a case against them. To determine if you need to hire a lawyer, ask yourself the following questions:
- Was my injury caused by someone else’s negligence?
- Did a defective product cause my injury?
- Was I injured at work and was workers’ compensation denied or not offered?
- Was I injured at work and someone other than my direct employer responsible?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you should consult a burn injury lawyer in Midland Texas to consider filing a personal injury claim.How You can Recover Compensation
The main reason you would want to hire a personal injury lawyer is to recover compensation for your accident-related expenses and for your physical and emotional suffering in the wake of your injury.
Recovering compensation in personal injury cases comes down to proving negligence by presenting the strongest evidence possible and building a powerful case. To prove negligence in burn injury cases, you and your attorney must prove the following:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- The defendant breached that duty of care
- The breach of the duty of care caused the injuries in question
- The injuries directly caused the damages being sought
A “duty of care” is a duty that we all have to not harm others through action or inaction. People are obligated to take steps to avoid injuring others and a breach of that duty is the foundation of negligence.Types of Damages You Can Recover in Burn Injury Cases
In personal injury cases, there are three types of damages available to recover—economic, non-economic, and punitive damages.
- Economic damages are damages that compensate injury victims for their monetary expenses that they incur as a direct result of their accident. Common economic damages include lost wages, lost earning potential, medical bills, and physical therapy costs.
- Non-economic damages compensate burn victims for their physical, emotional, and psychological suffering that occurs as a result of their accident. Common non-economic damages include compensation for pain and suffering, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Punitive damages are rarely offered and are designed to punish people or companies who are grossly negligent or intentionally cause injuries. These damages can often result in large compensation amounts for accident victims, but as stated above, are not commonly offered.
Consult a Midland accident attorney to understand your options for recovering compensation.Trusted Midland Attorneys at Carabin Shaw | Free Case Review
Have you been injured in a Midland burn accident? Our team of Texas burn injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw has served our clients for over 28 years and can help you begin your claim today. We have recovered over $1 billion for our clients and have been named a top ten personal injury law firm in the United States for client satisfaction.
Call us today at 1-800-862-1260 to set up your free, no-obligation consultation or you can fill out our online contact form.