Hurricane Business Damage in Rockport
Hurricane Harvey was one of the most devastating tropical storms to make landfall on the Gulf Coast region of Rockport in over 50 years. Many homes and business of Rockport locals were demolished in a matter of hours by the Category 4’s 130 mph winds. It will take a lot of hard work for the city of Rockport to get back to what it once was.
Many Rockportians will be trying to make Rockport hurricane claims within the coming months and years. Business owners of the area are accessing the damages with no clear guide on what the next steps are to rebuilding their community and assets. If you have suffered hurricane business damage in Rockport, contact a Rockport hurricane business insurance claims lawyer who can provide you with the guidance and support to get your business up and running again.
For those that have suffered from hurricane business damage in Rockport, below are some steps to help you through this difficult process.Steps to Address Hurricane Business Damage in Rockport
- Get your business claim going. It is important that you call your insurance agent so that they know what has happened to your business. Have your policy information ready before you contact your agent or company, and tell them about the damages your business has suffered from Hurricane Harvey. You should then ask for a claim number.
- Inspect your evaluation. The insurance company will inspect your business and access the damages. You want to be precautious about this so that you do not have to pay out of pocket when/if the time comes to sell your business. Most buyers will hire professional help to inspect the business for any damages suffered from a natural disaster. If they find any, you will end up paying instead of your insurer.
- Send a written claim to your insurer. The law in Texas states that you must provide a written notice to your insurer with the details of the claim you are making. If you are having trouble finding these documents, give our attorneys a call at 1.800.862.1260
- Keep all documents that pertain to the business repairs. Records of all repairs, maintenance and contractors are crucial to keep. There is a lot that goes into repairing a business after a natural disaster of this magnitude. You must re-erect walls, clean a massive amount of debris, de-mold the building, add new floors, and repaint inside and out. You will need to keep track of all the expenses paid for each repair. Keep a notepad with you to record all of these items with time and dates included.
- Document the conversations you have with your adjuster. It is important to keep track of what the insurer is offering and could be highly important later on if you must file a claim against your insurer
- Remember to document the damages and repairs on your business by taking pictures and videos. When you are fighting the insurance companies for fair compensation, these documents will be the key evidence to prove just how much of a settlement you deserve. Insurance companies will only be looking to give you the minimum amount of money they can for the damages you have suffered, so it is of the utmost importance to be prepared with these documents to prove your losses.
As Texans, we must stand united after a horrific storm like Hurricane Harvey. Let the lawyers at Carabin & Shaw guide you to the compensation that you are legally entitled to. Our attorneys have over 25 years of experience in dealing with insurance companies and will not stop fighting for you to receive the compensation you deserve. Give an attorney at Carabin & Shaw’s Rockport location at 361.790.7788 or toll-free at 1.800.862.1260 day or night for a free consultation.