Laredo Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Severe Burn Victims
Each year, 1.1 million burn injuries require medical attention in America. And although nearly 97% of Americans treated in burn centers will survive, many of those survivors are left with severe scarring and lifelong physical disabilities as a result of their injury. If you’ve been hurt by a serious burn in Laredo, you may be entitled to significant financial compensation.
But what constitutes a severe burn, and how do you know if you have grounds for a legal claim? If you’re looking for answers, our Laredo burn injury lawyers are here to assist you. Read on to learn what our expert personal injury lawyers in Laredo want you to know.What Constitutes a Severe Burn?
The severity of a burn injury is determined by several factors. These factors are:
- The depth of the burn injury
- The extent of the body surface injured
- The location of the burn on the body
- The burn victim’s age
- And other complicating factors (such as smoke inhalation or other injuries)
According to the World Health Organization, a burn is serious if it:
- Covers more than 15% of an adult’s body surface or more than 10% of the body surface of a child
- Occurs on the face, hands, feet, or genitals
- Is a third degree burn
- Happens to a person who is very young, elderly, in poor health, or who has a serious pre-existing medical condition
- Encircles the leg or arm
Unlike first degree burns, which only affect the outer layers of the skin, serious burn injuries often penetrate deeper into the skin. This is why third-degree burns are sometimes called “full thickness” burns—they affect all three layers of the skin and may even damage deeper tissues.When Do Burn Victims Have Grounds for a Lawsuit or Personal Injury Claim?
If your burn injury was caused by another person or entity’s negligence, you likely have grounds for a personal injury claim. It is best to contact an experienced Laredo attorney as soon as possible to discuss your options.
Some examples of negligence that warrant a burn injury claim include:
- You were injured by fire in a rented unit due to an absent or defective smoke detector
- You were burned at work and your employer did not carry workers’ compensation insurance
- You were injured in a fire started by a defective or malfunctioning product or appliance
- You were burned due to an industrial accident
- You suffered burns in a car crash caused by another driver
- And more
If you’re unsure whether or not your serious burn injury warrants a personal injury claim, it’s important to contact a lawyer to find out. And our Laredo attorneys at Carabin Shaw are here to help.Looking for an Expert Texas Attorney? Call Carabin Shaw
If you’re looking for the best attorneys in Laredo, look no further than the law offices of Carabin Shaw. Our Laredo attorneys at Carabin Shaw are experts in handling serious burn injury claims, and we want to help you so that you can get the compensation you truly deserve for your injuries.
So far, we’ve recovered more than $1 billion in settlement values for our satisfied clients, and we can help you maximize the value of your burn injury settlement. Our Laredo personal injury lawyers serving severe burn victims will advocate for you, fight for you, and help you understand all of your rights along the way.Free Case Review | Initial Consultation
Our Laredo burn injury lawyers are passionate about defending victims of accidents. So if you’re ready to find out what the right lawyer can do for you, call our office today at 800-862-1260 or simply fill out our online form. We offer all new clients a no cost, no obligation consultation and case review with one of our personal injury lawyers in Laredo, so you have nothing to lose by speaking with an expert attorney today.