Navigating Your Trucking Injury Claim: Midland Trucking Accident Lawyers
As more cars and trucks pass through Midland, more accidents happen, and all drivers are at risk of getting hurt. Because commercial motor vehicles are so large, they pose a particular danger to surrounding traffic if something goes wrong. These semi-trucks intimidate many drivers and, when operated poorly, may cause an accident. If you were in a crash with a semi-truck, you might need help navigating your trucking injury claim. Thankfully, a Midland truck injury lawyer with experience can help.What You Need for a Successful Settlement
Successful trucking accident settlements have:
- Evidence of damages: Good record keeping is essential in any court case because it helps prove that you were proactive in managing your losses after the crash.
- Proof that you were not at fault: Accidents are messy, and, in Texas, it is possible for drivers to share responsibility for them. It is also possible for your own mistakes or negligence to prevent a strong suit. If, for example, a truck driver failed to yield, but your failure to obey traffic signals also caused the collision, the trucker may not be held accountable.
- Proof that another party was at fault: To claim damages in Texas, you must be able to prove the other party was at least 50 percent responsible for the wreck.
- The guidance of an attorney: A legal representative is critical to most strong injury claims. A lawyer will be able to evaluate all of these aspects of your case as it pertains to the law.
Additionally, you must file your claim within the statute of limitations, which is two years in Texas. After this time, your chances for filing a successful claim diminish.What To Do After a Trucking Accident
After a collision with a semi-truck, you should seek medical attention for any physical injury or damages. Next, if you can, take photos of the accident scene, your car, and your injuries. Write down everything you remember about this incident while it’s fresh in your mind.
Though it might be tough, try not to panic. Midland trucking accident lawyers with experience handling these types of cases are here for you. Hiring a knowledgeable attorney is your best chance to obtain full compensation from those responsible for your injuries.Determining Damages
Because trucking companies include varying degrees of comprehensive liability coverage to protect themselves in the event of an accident, determining liability is crucial for a strong injury claim. If you are navigating your trucking injury claim, an 18-wheeler accident attorney in Midland will be able to estimate the value of your damages and help you secure financial compensation for various costs associated with the accident, including:
- Hospital expenses
- Medical bills
- Recovery costs
- General pain and suffering
If a truck hit your car in Midland, you deserve a voice in the legal system and a chance to obtain full compensation. No case is too large or small for the Midland, TX 18-wheeler accident lawyers from Carabin Shaw. We can help you secure maximum compensation for your damages.
If you need help navigating your trucking injury claim, have general questions, or are unsure about where to go from here with your Midland 18 wheeler crash lawsuit, the lawyers from Carabin Shaw can help. When you call us, you are enlisting the services of the most experienced trucking accident lawyers in Texas. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means will not charge you unless we win your case.
To set up a free consultation, contact our Midland team today at 432-620-0544, or reach us toll-free at 800-862-1260.