Oil Rig Accident Attorney
Texas has had a long-standing history in the oil and gas field– namely, providing hundreds of thousands of jobs to skilled laborers. Employers contract workers in and around San Antonio to fill these positions-- all of which run a high risk of accidents occurring. From drilling rigs, gas plants and compressor stations, hot oilers, to workover and completion rigs and many more, oil and gas field workers are exposed to extremely dangerous and highly explosive environments where an oil field injury could occur at any time.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 4.2 million of oil and gas workers are hurt on the job annually. An Oil Rig Accident Attorney with Carabin and Shaw is available to make sure you are taken care of and receive the compensation and care you deserve if you or a loved one falls victim to an oil rig accident. Often times, oil rig accidents are the result of someone’s negligence on the job site. Carabin and Shaw lawyers and attorneys boast years of experience in San Antonio with all aspects of oil field related injuries, accidents and even deaths.Common Oil Rig Accidents
Although oil rigs pose a variety of opportunities for extreme injuries and accidents to occur, a few common cases are listed below. Remember, contacting a lawyer or oil rig accident attorney is a crucial step to take in making sure you receive the best care and compensation in fighting your case.
- Substances or chemicals stored improperly
- Gas leaks
- High pressure within wells
- Negligent or unfitting trained workers on the job
- Exposure to harsh elements
- Fatal slips and falls
- Improperly used equipment and tools
- Careless behavior
- Block or cable breaks
- Out-of-date maintenance on equipment
- Blowouts in drilling operations
Although taking the correct safety measures can help you steer clear of an accident, being aware of the steps to take in case you are involved in one is crucial.
- Notify your employer: When on-the-job injuries happen, notifying your employer should always be top of mind. Failure to report an accident can hinder your opportunity to receive fair compensation and could even result in you losing your job by not reporting. Your employer is required to report the incident to Division of Workers Compensation in Texas within eight days of your job site injury. From there an investigation into your accident will begin. Remember, before speaking to any sort of claim adjustor, contact an attorney with Carabin and Shaw.
- Seek immediate medical attention: In order to make sure you receive the best health outcome from your situation, you must seek medical attention for any injuries sustained. Often time people ignore injuries resulting in worse results down the road. If your employer provides workers compensation, you may have a pre-meditated list to choose from.
- Seek out an oil rig accident attorney: By the time this step has approached, there most likely has already been a dive into your investigation. It is important to contact an attorney for a consultation into your case so that you are equipped to handle any wrenches thrown your way. Most insurance companies will try to minimize your compensation, but Carabin and Shaw’s team of experienced attorneys can help you to navigate this process. Our San Antonio office is just a phone call away.
It’s easy to make negligent mistakes when working within the oil and gas field but contacting a San Antonio Oil Rig Accident Lawyer can help you combat insurance agencies that don’t have your best interest. For any oil field injury and a free consultation, call our office in San Antonio at 210.222.2288 or toll-free at 1.800.862.1260.