Rockport Hurricane Harvey Flooding
The coastal Texas region of Rockport and surrounding areas were devastated by the rain and wind of Hurricane Harvey. In fact, Harvey has been the strongest hurricane to make landfall in the United States since Hurricane Rita, causing billions of dollars in damages and pummeled the Texas coast with more than four feet of rain. The storm was responsible for all types of Hurricane Harvey damages in Rockport as it tore a path of destruction through Texas, destroying homes, flooding streets, washing away vehicles, and decimating the coast.
Unfortunately, Texas was severely underprepared for Harvey’s devastation. Experts estimate that more than 70% of home damage suffered during Hurricane Harvey is not covered in homeowners’ insurance policies. In these instances, your case may require legal counsel as you attempt to file a successful claim with your insurance company that offers maximum compensation. If you or someone you care about has been affected by Hurricane Harvey and finds themselves dealing with the often confusing details surrounding Rockport Hurricane Harvey flooding claims, the law firm of Carabin Shaw is here for you. Our team of lawyers specializes in a wide variety of cases left behind by hurricane damage in Rockport and the surrounding region.
In order to understand your options Rockport hurricane claims, victims should first know that they do indeed have options, and that with proper legal guidance all assumed loss and damage can and will be restored. The attorneys at Carabin Shaw have over 25 years of experience handling all forms of property damage and personal injury cases.
If you or someone you care about has experienced property damage, injury, or any other type of loss in the wake of Hurricane Harvey, there is a Carabin Shaw Rockport flood insurance claims lawyer ready to help you obtain due compensation and help you regain some semblance of a normal life through the filing of effective Hurricane Harvey damage claims. We offer free initial consultations to answer any immediate questions you might have about moving forward. For those potential clients looking for preliminary guidance, there are a few basic notions to keep in mind regarding Hurricane Harvey damage claims. These include:
- Most homeowner’s insurance policies do not inherently cover flood damages.
- Most auto insurance policies, however, will cover flood damage to your vehicle.
- Hurricane damage claims on an existing policy may activate a special “hurricane deductible” that is usually percentage-based and higher than the regular deductible.
- Chances are, you will have to file multiple claims for different forms of damage and loss; wind damage and water damage will most likely require individual claims.
- The most effective way to file a successful claim is due diligence of documentation on the part of the victim. This means that you should always take pictures of all damages and document everything in the wake of the storm. Awareness and vigilance regarding the specifics of your claim can also be the difference between full reparations and permanent loss in all cases involving Rockport Hurricane Harvey flooding.
- It may be weeks before an insurer can get out to your property and evaluate the damage related to your claim. In the meantime, legal guidance is the best way to arm yourself with the necessities on your way to filing a successful claim.
The team of attorneys at Carabin Shaw understands that each claim is important, and that insurance providers may take days or even weeks to get around to a property inspection regarding some claims. This is especially true in the aftermath of a devastating natural disaster like Hurricane Harvey. In these instances, you may need proper legal protection and guidance to facilitate a successful claim with maximum compensatory potential.
Fortunately, Carabin Shaw handles a wide variety of claims and cases related to hurricanes in the Rockport area. Some common cases include:
- Home property damage claims
- Business property damage claims
- Wind damage
- Rain and flood damage
- Home repair claims
- Rooftop replacement claims
At Carabin Shaw, our experienced attorneys understand that in cases related to natural disasters, especially one with such wide-reaching and devastating after-effects as Hurricane Harvey, insurance companies will often attempt to fight the claims of victims instead of facilitate rightful reimbursement and restoration of losses.
You can never be sure that an insurer has the victim’s best interests as their number one priority. Because of this, your first step should always be to call a legal professional before dealing with these insurance companies. Contact the lawyers serving the Rockport area from Carabin Shaw today for a free initial consultation. You deserve to know your options following the storm. Our attorneys are here for you, whether you live in Rockport and have been affected by the storm, or anywhere else in Texas.
If you have suffered due to the wrath of Hurricane Harvey, you deserve to know your options, and to be made fully aware of valuable knowledge that will help you obtain the damages of your claim swiftly and completely. The lawyers at Carabin Shaw are here for you. Contact us today for an obligation-free initial consultation, free of charge. We will inform you in your best options moving forward and answer all of your questions regarding your Hurricane Harvey insurance claim in Rockport. For all questions regarding Rockport Hurricane Harvey flooding, contact the lawyers at Carabin Shaw today at 361.790.7788, day or night, for your free consultation.