South Florida Swimming Pool Accidents
Taking a dip in a swimming pool on a hot and humid day is the ideal way to relax and cool off. Unfortunately, swimming pools can also be hotspots for serious accidents. Whether it is your neighbor’s pool or the public pool down the block, accidents happen and it is important to hold the negligent persons or companies responsible. If you or a loved one in South Florida has suffered due to a swimming pool accident, contact Carabin Shaw. Our lawyers at our South Florida injury law firm are here to help you.Common Causes and Types of Swimming Pool Accidents
There are many reasons why swimming pool accidents happen. Here are a few factors that can contribute to these accidents:
- Inadequate supervision - If a pool does have any supervision or proper signage about the lack of supervision, the pool owner is responsible. In some cases, however, a parent may be held responsible for the lack of supervision; this is why it is crucial to talk to one of our South Florida swimming pool accident lawyers about the details of your case.
- Slip and Fall accidents - When a pool area is not maintained, there may be slippery surfaces that can result in broken bones.
- Diving accidents - If the diving board is improperly maintained, a slip and fall can easily happen. Additionally, a diver might suffer from head trauma if they go head first into an unmarked shallow pool.
- No fence or improper fencing around the pool - Swimming pools must have proper fencing and gates to prevent anyone, especially children, from falling in and drowning.
- Improper drain coverings - If a drain has a faulty or improper covering, hair and limbs can quickly get suctioned into the drain.
Any of these causes can have devastating consequences. Some of the common injuries that occur from swimming pool accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Hearing and/or vision loss
Before contacting us, it is crucial you seek medical attention as quickly as possible. We want you to prioritize your health above all else.Who is Liable for My Injuries?
In most cases, the owner of the pool is responsible for your injuries. If faulty products caused your accident, the product manufacturers may also be at fault. Whether you were injured in a private or public pool, the owner still needs to be held responsible.
Nevertheless, it can be difficult to figure out who all is at fault in a swimming pool accident case. Our team of South Florida injury attorneys will figure out who is responsible. We will hold the negligent person or company accountable and make sure you receive the compensation that is due to you.What Damages Can I Receive from a Swimming Pool Accident?
If our South Florida swimming pool accident lawyers can prove that negligence played a part in your accident, you may qualify for compensation for your damages. The types of damages you may receive depend on the accident’s details, but they can include:
- Medical bills
- Future medical treatments
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Our attorneys will review your medical expenses and other financial losses and calculate your pain and suffering.
In addition if your loved one died in a swimming pool accident, you might be able to pursue a wrongful death case. Under such difficult circumstances, let our lawyers help you navigate the legal process while you grieve your loved one.Contact Our South Florida Injury Law Firm Today
If you have been in a swimming pool accident in South Florida, our attorneys are ready to discuss your case at your earliest convenience. Call Carabin Shaw toll free at 1-800-862-1260 to talk to one of our South Florida injury attorneys. At our firm, we want to ensure everyone has an opportunity to talk with a seasoned attorney. This is why we offer a free initial phone consultation with absolutely no obligation. Reach out to us today to get started on your case.