The Sources of 18-Wheeler Accidents in Midland, Tx
With a major Interstate Highway running through the city and traffic related to the oil boom on the rise, Midland drivers share the road with a large number of commercial trucks. The presence of semi-trucks increases the risk of having an auto accident with a vehicle much larger than your average passenger car. It also increases the possibility of incurring severe injuries.What Contributes to 18-Wheeler Accidents?
Some of the most common sources of 18-Wheeler Accidents in Midland, TX are:
- Loss of control: Sometimes, the trailer of an 18-wheeler will move on its own. This occurrence, commonly known as "jackknifing," can result from any number of causes. It might be due to actions by the truck operator, improper maintenance, or adverse road conditions.
- Driving under the influence: Semi-truck operators work grueling schedules. The expectations under which they must function can lead to poor behaviors, including illegal drugs or alcohol. Driving such a large vehicle while under the influence puts everyone on the road at risk.
- Distracted Driving: The long hauls many semi-truck drivers may cause them to let down their guard. They might be checking their cell phone or do something that causes them to shift their attention off of the road. Distractions lead to driver errors, and this causes serious accidents.
- Driver fatigue: While legal limits are governing the number of consecutive hours a truck driver is behind the wheel, many are pushed to exceed these limits. Excessive time on the road can be physically exhausting, leading to errors in judgment on the part of the truck operator.
- Failure to secure the load: There are instances when the load a truck driver is hauling is not appropriately secured. The cargo may spill out onto the highway creating a hazard for other drivers, or it may also cause shifts in the trailer.
These are just a few sources of 18-Wheeler Accidents in Midland, TX. If you are injured in an accident with a semi-truck, it is critical for you to know what your next steps should be. Make contacting an experienced attorney your first course of action.Understanding How a Lawyer Can Help
Trucking accident lawyers in Texas are prepared to offer assistance to those injured in an 18-Wheeler collision. Many of the large corporations that own the semi-trucks have lawyers working on their behalf. Having a Texas truck accident lawyer representing you is your best resource in a Midland 18 wheeler crash lawsuit. An experienced attorney will stand up to the trucking companies and advocate on behalf of your rights.
The Midland, TX 18-wheeler accident lawyers of Carabin Shaw have decades of experience helping accidents victims receive the compensation to which they are entitled. We work hard to protect the rights of our clients, and we are ready to support you as you move forward with your claim.The Carabin Shaw Advantage
If a collision with an 18-Wheeler injured you, call us today to schedule an initial consultation with one of our attorneys. Your first visit with us is free and carries no obligation. During this meeting, expect someone from our team of lawyers to take the time to listen to your concerns and advise you on how best to continue in your pursuit of justice. Additionally, the lawyers on our staff work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you will never pay any fees until we win your case.
If an accident with a semi-truck results in injury to you and you need to call on an 18-wheeler accident attorney in Midland, contact the law offices of Carabin Shaw today.
To schedule your appointment with one of our Carabin Shaw attorneys in Midland, dial 432-620-0544.