Types of Fire and Injury Burn Lawsuits
Severe burns are catastrophic injuries that often lead to lifelong complications, emotional trauma, and more. If you’ve been seriously hurt in a fire or by another type of burn in Laredo due to another party’s negligence, you most likely have expensive medical bills to pay and maybe even significant property damage.
Fortunately, our personal injury lawyers in Laredo are here to help, and we offer all Laredo burn victims a free initial consultation. If you’re considering a legal claim, read on for an overview of types of fire and injury burn lawsuits and learn how to set up your consultation with our team.When is a Burn Injury Grounds for a Legal Claim?
You may be wondering whether or not you have grounds for a lawsuit after a serious burn injury. While only a qualified lawyer can answer that question for you, you should know that if your injuries were caused by the negligence or intentional harmful acts of another person or company, you likely have grounds for a personal injury claim.
In order to bring about a successful lawsuit or personal injury claim, you will need to be able to prove all of the following:
- The person or entity responsible whose actions contributed to your burn owed you a duty of care.
- The person responsible acted in such a way that a reasonable person would not have acted in the same scenario.
- The person’s actions or lack of action caused or contributed to your burn injury.
There are many different situations that may warrant legal action after a burn injury. Some examples include:
- You were injured in a fire while staying in a rented unit or hotel room that lacked smoke detectors (or whose smoke detectors did not work)
- You suffered burns from airbags, hot surfaces, or fires during a car crash caused by another driver’s negligence
- You were burned in an electrical fire caused by a defective product or malfunctioning appliance in your home
- You suffered a burn while at work due to a lack of safety equipment or safety precautions
- You were burned in an industrial accident
- You suffered burns in an apartment fire because the building was not up to code
- And more
Unsure whether or not your burn injury occurred due to another party’s negligence? The next step is to contact a qualified personal injury attorney who practices law in the state where your injury occurred and to schedule a consultation.
The top Laredo attorneys at Carabin Shaw specialize in burn injury claims in Texas and can help you investigate your accident, decide on next steps, and advise you about the best course of action.Ready to Consult with a Lawyer? Call Us for a Free Case Review
If you’re ready to consult with a qualified lawyer serving Laredo, our team of experts want to help. Our top Laredo attorneys at Carabin Shaw offer all new clients a free initial consultation and case review, so you have nothing to lose by giving us a call. And because we operate on a no win, no fee basis, you won’t pay us unless we win your case.
So if you’re ready to take the next step, call us at 800-862-1260 or simply fill out our online form to schedule your free consultation with an attorney.
We’re passionate about defending the legal rights of Laredo burn victims, and we want to help you however we can. Find out what our talented personal injury lawyers in Laredo can do for you today, and find out how we can help you win the compensation you deserve.