What Damages Can I Claim After an Auto Accident?
The burgeoning city of Austin, Texas is growing at an extremely rapid pace. Since 2010, each new calendar year brings a 3% increase of residents. In fact, Austin is third on
With the steady increase in population comes an inevitable rise in roadway traffic.
Generally speaking, statistics indicate that all drivers who receive their license at 16 years of age will be involved in some vehicle related accident by the time they turn 34. In fact, in the duration of an average motorist’s driving time in their life, most drivers will be involved in 3 to 4 car accidents. Many of these will not be fatal, but all are at the very least inconvenient, and most of them demand guidance of an experienced attorney to secure full compensation for damages.What Damages Can I Claim After an Auto Accident?
At Carabin Shaw, we understand that an auto accident can occur in a matter of seconds, but serious pain and injury, as well as significant resulting financial stress, can be felt long after.
Some of the most common damages which victims can claim after Austin auto accidents typically include:
- Pain and Suffering
- Involvement in an automobile collision can leave a path of destruction that far exceeds simply cosmetic repairs to your car. Many of the long-reaching and extended effects of an accident are initially difficult to detect. If, for example, you find yourself internally traumatized by the incident, or riddled with debt and incurred costs from the accident. In these cases, you may require counseling or other external guidance to reclaim your life as it was before the crash. These are expenses which an experienced lawyer can help secure some form of compensation for victims.
- Emotional Distress
- In some cases, the effects of an accident on victims can be intangible, or may not reveal themselves at all until much later after the incident. These can be the most difficult repercussions to detect and diagnose. But emotional distress from an accident can affect your quality of life, and should be confronted with as much care and attention as any other aspect of a collision.
- Hospital/Medical Expenses
- Auto accidents often culminate in bills and medical expenses which can seem insurmountable in the aftermath. If it is determined that your injuries are indeed the result of another motorist’s negligence, our Austin car wreck attorneys are committed to fighting for maximum restitution for you and your loved ones.
- Funeral Expenses
- In the unfortunate event that someone passes in an auto accident, or afterwards due to injuries sustained in the collision, settling the deceased person’s estate and all the costs associated with funeral proceedings can place an extra burden on those loved ones left behind.
- Job/Wage Loss
- After an accident, especially collisions with physical repercussions for those involved, injured victims are often forced to take valuable time off from work to rehabilitate injuries and regain full mobility. Any loss of wages associated with this unforeseen time away from work can and should be restored in the form of financial compensation.
If you or someone you care about has suffered any form of loss or damage after involvement in a collision and you have questions regarding who can be held responsible and what damages can I claim after an auto accident, there is an Austin lawyer from the law firm of Carabin Shaw ready to help you obtain full compensation for all damages accrued.Get a Free Analysis of Your Auto Accident Damages
For these and all other questions regarding post-accident reparations, questions like "what damages can I claim after an auto accident", our attorneys want to hear from you. We offer all our potential clients a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers to answer these and all other questions.
Our Austin location is just north of 15th and N Lamar, at 1609 Shoal Creek Blvd #100, Austin, TX 78701. Contact an experienced attorneys from Carabin Shaw day or night, toll free at 800-862-1260, or anytime at our Austin office at 512-832-1101.
1609 Shoal Creek Blvd #100
Austin, TX 78701