What To Do After a Midland Trucking Accident
Getting into an accident in Midland is always frightening, especially when it involves a commercial truck. Because 18-wheelers are so much larger and heavier than standard vehicles, they cause more damage when they are part of a wreck. Trucking accidents usually cause property damage and oftentimes personal injury, which could mean a mounting pile of bills. When the accident is not your fault, you should not be responsible to pay for any damages caused to you.
If you or a family member has been involved in a Midland trucking accident, you do not have to deal with this problem alone. Carabin Shaw can help. Our Midland truck accident lawyers are dedicated to offering a higher level of service to victims of trucking accidents, and we never represent companies or corporations. Every attorney we have wants the best for you, for the victim of a negligent truck driver or trucking company. For your best chance to win the maximum amount in court, it’s important to know what to do after a Midland trucking accident.After a Trucking Accident, What Should I Do?
Immediately after an accident, you may not know what to do. With our experience as Midland 18 wheeler accident lawyers, we’ve learned the following are the most important steps for victims to take to make the most of their case:
- Call the Police - Whether your accident involved major damages or seems minor, calling the police is the first step. It’s important because the damages need to be documented, and this documentation can be helpful to you in court.
- Keep Your Own Records - In addition to the police report, it is important to make your own documentation of the scene if you are able. Be sure to take photographs of your car and its damage, damage to the other vehicle, any personal injuries you’ve sustained, as well as photos of the accident scene itself. Take notes about road conditions and anything else you believe affected the accident. This information will be valuable to your lawyer and could prove helpful in court as well.
- Exchange Information - Make sure to get the name, telephone number, address, and insurance information of the other driver. If there are witnesses, be sure to take statements from them as well. Midland truck accident lawyers may be able to use the statements to your advantage.
- See a Doctor - A doctor’s visit is important after a Midland trucking accident, regardless of whether you’ve sustained major or minor injuries. A doctor will make sure you’re okay, and your visit means official documentation of your injuries, which will prove useful for your attorney when trying to show what kind of compensation you deserve.
- Talk to The Insurance Companies, But Don’t Accept Offers - Talk to the insurance company to report your accident, but stick to the facts and don’t elaborate with many details. Anything you say can be used against you. When speaking with the trucker’s insurance, they will try to make a quick settlement. Never accept their deal without talking to a lawyer serving West Texas.
If you follow these steps after a trucking accident in Midland, you will have the strongest chance of winning the compensation in court that you deserve.The Help and Support You Deserve
You deserve compensation for your damages and injuries after a semi-truck accident. Sadly, trucking companies and their insurers want to settle with you for as little as possible, so never let a trucking company take advantage of you and convince you to settle for less. A lawyer can offer guidance and assistance to make sure you are taken care of. At Carabin Shaw, we know how to get the most for our victims. After a Midland trucking accident, we are who you want to represent you. Speak to us today at 432-620-0544.