What To Do If You Suspect Medical Malpractice in Rockport
If you live along the Gulf Coast in the town of Rockport and you have suffered due to a doctor’s negligence, you may feel wholly underprepared and overwhelmed with the process of filing a successful compensation claim. For these questions regarding what to do if you suspect medical malpractice in Rockport, there is a Carabin & Shaw lawyer in Rockport ready to guide you through the process and take on your case. We will stop at nothing to see you fairly compensated for your time, trouble, and financial loss following an instance medical malpractice.
Complaints left with the Texas Medical Board against medical malpractice have hit record numbers of late. Texas has the fourth highest rate of medical malpractice fatalities in the country, where medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death. Medical malpractice statistics indicate that victims in malpractice lawsuits obtain an average $100 million annually in Texas.
Some of the most commonly occurring instances of malpractice are mistakes made while a patient is under the knife – known as surgical malpractice – as well as in the administration of the wrong medication or dosage. Emergency care often poses an even greater risk of malpractice, as the fast-paced and chaotic nature of an emergency can facilitate increased chances of negligence. Medical malpractice is also one of the most common causes of birth injuries and cerebral palsy, as well as one of the leading causes of other health complications in childbirth.
When faced with the complicated process of medical negligence cases, there are a few initial steps you can take regarding what to do if you suspect medical malpractice in Rockport. In fact, before you ever even contact a Rockport medical negligence attorney, there are a few things you can do on your own to improve your case. Typically, the next steps for victims wondering what to do if you suspect medical malpractice in Rockport include:
- Identify the issue with your health.
- As soon as you suspect malpractice, you must first determine with your attorney whether or not the medical staff did indeed pursue some preventable action. Once the problem has been identified, the effort to prove it and hold those responsible accountable for their actions begins.
- In potential cases of medical malpractice, victims must be able to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, three separate aspects of the circumstances in order to reinforce a successful case:
- Presence of a doctor/patient relationship.
- Evidence of negligence on behalf of the medical professional, doctor, or institution; i.e., confirmation that the standard of care was clearly below the average or minimum health requirements.
- Failure to execute this minimum service of care or infliction of further harm to the patient.
- Take pictures, record dates and times, and keep all hospital and medical records. In lawsuits against medical malpractice, the burden of proof lies with the victim. one of the best ways to build a watertight case and improve your chance of filing a successful malpractice suit may be through consistent documentation and aggregation of evidence.
- Contact a lawyer. The quicker you retain legal assistance, the higher your chances for maximum compensation.
Even the most seemingly simple, unintentional medical negligence in small towns like Rockport may yet warrant a malpractice suit. That is why expediting the process of retaining an experienced Rockport medical malpractice [hyperlink] attorney could prove to be your most important asset. Our team handles all types of medical malpractice, including cases of:
- Failure to administer proper medication
- Medical misdiagnosis
- Birth injuries
- Prenatal negligence
- Surgical malpractice
The lawyers at Carabin & Shaw have more than 20 years of experience fighting for the rights and reimbursement of all our clients. We have obtained thousands of dollars in reparation for a multiplicity of personal injury victims across Texas, including the people of Rockport and all along the Gulf Coast.
If you are one of the thousands of people burdened with the aftermath of a medical malpractice lawsuit involving you or someone you care about, help is only a phone call away. Contact Carabin & Shaw’s Rockport attorneys at 361.790.7788 day or night, or toll-free at 1.800.682.1260 for your free consultation.