Wrongful Death

Who Has the Legal Right to Represent the Deceased?

In Texas a "wrongful death" claim can be made when a person is killed due to the negligence of another individual, company or entity.   In Texas, a claim or lawsuit for wrongful death belongs to the spouse, children, or parents of the deceased. In most other states, such persons will include the decedent's immediate family members, such as surviving spouses and children, and sometimes parents or siblings.

Additionally, other family members - such as stepparents, grandparents, and dependents, may also be permitted to file suit in some states. If the victim is a minor, the state may require only a parent or an adult guardian to bring a lawsuit. Some states allow a domestic partner to bring a wrongful death on behalf of a deceased victim.  The Carabin & Shaw Law Firm represents families who have lost a loved one as a result of negligence, carelessness, and recklessness of others.

The Carabin & Shaw Law Firm is experienced with wrongful death losses.  We can explain the intricacies of the law and what can or should be done.  If you or someone you love is eligible to file a wrongful death claim, contact the Carabin & Shaw Law Firm today, to learn more.

For immediate assistance, call us toll-free at 1.800.862.1260 .

Client Reviews
We are very glad we called Carabin Shaw after our accident. We now recommend them to everyone.
You want Carabin Shaw on your side after an accident. They were excellent.
In our opinion, no one is better, Carabin Shaw is the Law Firm you want on your side after an accident.
The attorneys and staff went out of their way to help us after our accident. Thank you Carabin Shaw.
We did our research after our accident and chose Carabin Shaw. They were great. Highly recommend.