Boating Accidents in Corpus Christi Causing Severe Burn Injuries
One of the greatest parts of living in Corpus Christi is being able to enjoy the beach whenever you want. It’s easy to imagine beautiful summer days out on the boat. However, when boating accidents happen, a lovely day on the water can quickly turn into a tragedy.
Approximately 2,500 people are injured in boating accidents annually in the United states.
If you or a loved one has suffered burn injuries in a boating accident, you should discuss your case with Corpus Christi personal injury attorneys. Our boating accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw always vow to go above and beyond for every client we represent, which is why we’ve been named a top 10 law firm in client satisfaction.Types of Boating Accidents
People go out on the water in Corpus Christi for a number of reasons, including for sport, for relaxation, or for business. Regardless of why you’re out on the water, an accident can happen if proper safety measures aren’t followed.
Below are some of the types of boating accidents in Corpus Christi causing severe burn injuries:
Commercial boating accidents
- Every day can be dangerous when you work on a boat. Equipment failure, inadequate operation, and deck fires are a few examples of accidents that can cause seamen severe burn injuries. The Merchant Marine Act of 1920 allows seamen to sue their employers when their employer’s negligence leads to their suffering. For more information, speak with a burn injury lawyer serving Corpus Christi.
Pontoon boat accidents
- Pontoons are one of the best ways to relax on the water, but they’re actually quite dangerous. In fact, more people suffer injuries on pontoon boats every year than on jet skis. Their slow speed makes passengers feel safe “bow riding”, dangling their feet over the edge, or sitting on the railings. This behavior often leads to propeller accidents, runovers, and drownings.
Jet Ski accidents
- One of the greatest thrill rides on the water are Jet Skis. However, their speed combined with the inexperience of most drivers can lead to disastrous consequences. Sometimes, people operate Jet Skis under the influence of drugs or alcohol, only increasing the likelihood of a serious accident.
- Because Jet Skis are so fast, riders are likely to crash into other Jet Skis, boats, or other dangerous objects. A high impact crash can sometimes cause an explosion, leaving the victims of the wreck with severe burn injuries.
Regardless of the type of boat you were on when your accident took place, a seasoned attorney can help you recover damages for the injuries you suffered.Severity of Burn Injuries
When you suffer burn injuries as the result of a boating accident in Corpus Christi, the characteristics of your burn will vary depending on the severity of the burn you suffered. Below are the different degrees of burns:
- First degree - The least severe types of burns are first degree burns. They may be painful, but they only impact the outermost layer of skin, the epidermis, and typically heal within three to five days. They usually don’t require medical attention.
- Second degree - Second degree burns are more severe than first degree burns because they affect both the epidermis and the second layer of skin, the dermis. They can take weeks to heal and may require medical attention.
- Third degree - Third degree burns penetrate both the epidermis and dermis and affect the underlying muscles, tendons, and bones. Typically, these require skin grafting and cosmetic surgery and will leave victims with permanent scarring and damage.
Talk to Corpus Christi personal injury attorneys about the burn injuries you suffered.Carabin Shaw is Here to Help get you Justice | Free Case Review
After suffering a boating accident, you need a burn injury lawyer serving Corpus Christi to fight for you. The boating accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw can fight for you to get you the justice you truly deserve.
For a free consultation with a lawyer, call us today at 800-862-1260 or fill out our online form.
The Carabin Shaw Offices in Corpus Christi are located two blocks south of the Nueces County Courthouse in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi telephones are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 361.444.1111.