Commercial Truck Accident Calculator | What is My Claim Worth?
Being involved in an 18 wheeler accident may result in a vast number of doctor visits, exams, and medical bills. If you or a loved one has unfortunately been injured and is facing extreme medical costs, then you may be eligible for financial compensation. Consider using a commercial truck accident calculator to determine how much you may be able to receive in a lawsuit. In addition, Corpus Christi drivers may find relief by working with a qualified attorney from the office of Carabin Shaw.How Much Is My Case Worth?
Many want to know the worth of their case before investing time and energy into a lawsuit. Corpus Christi attorneys will consider the following:
- Medical bills: this includes all procedures, transportation costs, medication, psychology visits, and anything else related to the accident.
- Lost wages and benefits: If your accident makes it difficult or impossible to return to work, then you deserve missed compensation.
- Pain and suffering: Emotional and psychological damage sustained from the accident.
- Property damage.
- Loss of companionship: loss of a spouse or child may warrant additional compensation.
Working with a Corpus Christi 18 wheeler accident attorney is a great first step to earning your rightful financial compensation.How Do I Earn a Settlement?
A settlement occurs when the victim or plaintiff signs a contract dropping liability from the defendant in exchange for a sum of money. Most personal injury cases result in a settlement instead of a trial. A typical trial includes presenting an argument and sufficient evidence proving the defendant’s negligence as direct causation for the accident. Corpus Christi trucking injury attorneys suggest working with a qualified lawyer, even if you aim to achieve a settlement. Both cases require negotiation and at minimum, a basic understanding of local and state laws regarding traffic and personal injury.What are Common Trucking Accident Injuries?
Understanding common injuries and their average settlements may provide more financial information to you as you consider filing a lawsuit.
- Broken bones: the average settlement for injuries that do not require surgery span from fifty to a hundred fifty thousand dollars. If your injury does require surgery, this number is likely to be higher.
- Back and/or neck injuries: the payouts for these types of injuries depend on the severity which may range from mild whiplash to paralysis.
- Fatalities: a wrongful death could end in a multi-million dollar settlement.
Although there is no perfect commercial truck accident calculator, it is safe to assume that the heavier and more severe the damage, the higher the settlement. Consider approaching a Corpus Christi 18 wheeler accident attorney with all your settlement questions. They’ll be able to appoint great legal resources and provide sound advice.How Can I Prepare for a Lawsuit?
Chances are, if you’re investigating how much your case is worth, you’re considering filing a lawsuit. Preparing for a lawsuit requires determining which kind of attorney you would like to work with. Consider enlisting Corpus Christi attorneys from the office of Carabin Shaw. We can help you prepare for a lawsuit by providing a free initial consultation. Furthermore, you only pay us if you win.When Should I File a Lawsuit?
Under Texas law, you have two years from the date of your accident to file a claim with a lawyer. This gives you some time to recover, but it is integral to keep track of all relevant bills, reports, and documents. Texas residents have the option to file with qualified Corpus Christi trucking injury attorneys from Carabin Shaw. We’ve earned over $500 million for our clients. Call our Corpus Christi office today at (800) 86201269 to see what we can earn for you.
The Carabin Shaw Offices in Corpus Christi are located two blocks south of the Nueces County Courthouse in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi telephones are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 361.444.1111.