Commercial Vehicle Accident Statistics | Corpus Christi Trucking Injury Attorneys
If you live in the Corpus Christi area, you are probably familiar with the amount of 18 wheelers on the roads. These truck drivers travel thousands of miles and carry heavy loads that can cause a marked strain on their vehicle. Sometimes, trucks are improperly loaded or a truck driver is fatigued, which can easily result in a truck accident. If you have been injured in a trucking accident, contact Carabin Shaw to talk to one of our Corpus Christi trucking accident attorneys today.What Should I Do After a Trucking Accident?
There are many reasons why trucking accidents occur. This can include:
- Overloading trucks
- Failing to obey traffic signals and other laws
- Driving fatigued
- Distracted driving (such as driving while texting)
- Speeding (exceeding the speed limit)
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
After a trucking accident, it is important to call the police to file a report, even if the accident was minor. Gather the truck driver’s insurance company information, any eyewitness contacts, and take photos and videos of the accident scene.
Also, it is important to seek medical help as soon as possible. Make sure you keep all of your paperwork such as medical records and police reports so that you are prepared when you meet with one of our Corpus Christi 18 wheeler accident attorneys.
Due to the size of 18 wheelers, these accidents often result in more devastating injuries than a standard car crash. These injuries can include broken bones, burns, lacerations, spinal trauma, paralyzation, even death. If your loved one has died in a trucking accident, you may be entitled to compensation.What Should I Ask a Trucking Accident Lawyer in Corpus Christi After My Accident?
We know how stressful accidents can be, especially those involving 18 wheelers. You may be so overwhelmed with questions, that you don’t know where to start. If you are wondering, “What to ask your commercial vehicle accident attorneys in Corpus Christi?”, here are a few questions you should consider:
- How do I figure out who is liable for my accident? Until we hear the details of your trucking accident case, it is impossible to say definitively. Oftentimes, the responsible party is hard to pin down because trucking accidents often involve more than one person. But our lawyers can get into contact with the responsible parties, using police reports, eyewitness statements, and photo and video evidence to prove they were negligent.
- What damages can I recover? Depending on the severity of the accident, your damages may include medical bills, car repairs, lost wages, and emotional distress.
- What is the time limit for filing a truck accident lawsuit? The statute of limitations in Texas is two years from the date of the accident. This is why it is important to get in touch with us as soon as you can.
- Will I need to go to court? - At Carabin Shaw, our attorneys will fight to get you an out-of-court settlement. If the trucking company refuses to pay you the compensation you deserve, then we will take them to court.
Our Corpus Christi trucking accident attorneys have handled hundreds of trucking accident cases. Our attorneys are seasoned and will gladly share their experience with trucking accident cases. We fight until we get our clients the compensation they deserve. We can answer any of the above questions -- as well as any other questions you may have -- about your accident.Contact a Corpus Christi 18 wheeler accident attorney Today
At Carabin Shaw, we have experienced lawyers who will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. After researching “What to ask your commercial vehicle accident attorneys in Corpus Christi?” and preparing your list of questions, call us today for a free initial consultation with a trucking accident lawyer in Corpus Christi. Contact our Corpus Christi office at 800-862-1260.
The Carabin Shaw Offices in Corpus Christi are located two blocks south of the Nueces County Courthouse in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi telephones are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 361.444.1111.