Dangerous Highways of Corpus Christi | Trucking Accident Attorneys
Every city has dangerous roads, and Corpus Christi is no exception. Drivers need to be aware of the dangerous highways of Corpus Christi in order to stay safe. At Carabin Shaw, we know the kinds of injuries dangerous highways can lead to, and we do everything we can to help victims who have been injured or killed in 18 wheeler accidents. Our Corpus Christi trucking accident attorneys know the dangerous highways in Corpus and what to do if you’ve experienced an 18 wheeler accident on them.Highway Dangers in Corpus
In an ideal world, every road would be safe and hazard-free, but the reality is that’s not always the case. Roads that aren’t maintained can become dangerous for drivers. Below are some common highway hazards every driver in Corpus Christi should be aware of:
- Uneven pavement - Over time, roads can develop grooves, become rough, or wear out. When the pavement becomes uneven, it can pose a serious threat to vehicles.
- Potholes - Large holes in the road can be dangerous for vehicles and can be the root of accidents and serious injuries. If a pothole caused your accident, talk to a Corpus Christi 18 wheeler accident attorney.
- Missing or damaged signs - Warning signs are meant to help drivers avoid dangerous situations. If those signs are missing or damaged, it can have dire consequences.
- Improper drainage - Improper drainage can lead to road flooding, which can pose a severe threat to drivers. This problem can be hazardous for Corpus Christi drivers, especially during hurricane season.
- Missing or damaged safety features - Things like guardrails, speedbumps, and reflectors are all designed to keep drivers safe. If these are broken or absent, they can cause accidents. If missing or damaged safety features may have caused your accident, consult a lawyer.
Corpus Christi has a population of over 400,000 people, making it one of the top 10 largest cities in Texas. Because of its population size, many major highways run through it, and, of course, some of them are dangerous. Below are the dangerous highways of Corpus Christi:
- U.S. 181 - Right now, Harbor Bridge is undergoing construction. The current bridge that spans Nueces Bay has an accident rate that’s higher than the state average. The construction also affects I-37. When completed, the new bridge will include pedestrian walkways and bike lanes, making it safer for the local community. If you were involved in an accident on U.S. 181, 18 wheeler truck accident lawyers in Corpus Christi can help.
- I-37 - This highway cuts straight through the city and is one of the most used roads in Corpus. Because of its heavy traffic and its size (six lanes), Interstate 37 is one of the most dangerous highways for travelers in the area. Additionally, the speed limit was raised to 75 mph in 2012, which has increased the severity of crashes and injuries. Talk to Corpus Christi trucking accident attorneys if your 18 wheeler accident occurred on I-37.
- U.S. 77 - A project to reconfigure U.S. 77 into I-69E has been underway since 2011. The location of the highway, the constant construction, and the high speeds all pose a threat to drivers on this highway every day. An attorney can tell you more.
After an accident on a dangerous highway, it’s best to consult a lawyer. When dangerous highways are the cause of your accident, getting your due compensation is complicated and best left to 18 wheeler truck accident lawyers in Corpus Christi. Our staff at Carabin Shaw has been serving Texans for over 25 years, and we know what it takes to get our clients the money they deserve. Every Corpus Christi 18 wheeler accident attorney at our firm is dedicated to doing everything they can to get justice for victims like you. If you need help, we’re here. Call us at (800) 862-1260 talk to an attorney today.
The Carabin Shaw Offices in Corpus Christi are located two blocks south of the Nueces County Courthouse in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi telephones are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 361.444.1111.