Del Rio Truck Driver Fatigue Accidents
If you a victim of a Del Rio truck accident, you will need a Del Rio truck accident attorney to immediately begin preserving evidence and building an airtight case to gain compensation for your pain and suffering as a result of the accident. Del Rio truck driver fatigue accidents are not uncommon; accidents on the roads to and from Del Rio involving semi-trucks and other large commercial vehicles occur most often as a result of a truck driver becoming fatigued due to long hours of driving.
These accidents frequently occur early in the morning or late in the evening; some drivers exceed the number of hours they are legally allowed to drive within a 24 hour period and are on the road early without having had a full night’s sleep, which means they went to bed late. Either way, there is a tendency to become fatigued when drivers fail to get the rest their bodies need.Proving Negligence in Del Rio Truck Driver Accidents
Accidents between large commercial vehicles and small passenger cars are a recipe for disaster and severe injuries, especially for the person or individuals in the smaller vehicle. If you’ve been hit by a semi-truck, you can be sure that it far outweighed your vehicle and that you took the brunt of the impact. Del Rio attorneys with Carabin Shaw are available around the clock to discuss the accident, your injuries, and what you should do to begin working towards building a solid, validated case.
Del Rio truck driver fatigue accidents are always a result of non-compliance and negligence. The potential exists to charge and hold accountable the driver, and perhaps the company that hired the driver as well. Building your case entails ensuring evidence is preserved, such as the driver’s log book, which is used to log time spent driving and the distance or miles traveled. Some drivers keep duplicate books to allow them to circumvent the regulations pertaining to hours driven.
The sooner our attorney is able to subpoena the log, the greater chance there is of preventing its destruction or disappearance. There is also other technology available to substantiate a change of driver fatigue, such as GPS data, though again—time is of the essence.Injuries Caused by a Del Rio Truck Accident
In over 25 years as a law firm, our lawyers have won cases countless cases involving Del Rio truck driver fatigue accidents. We offer the following recommendations:
- Be sure a Del Rio or state law enforcement officer is called to the scene; never leave the scene of the accident until the officer has said it is okay to do so.
- Obtain the report number; it takes several days for the report to be become available, and by the time it is, our attorney will gladly obtain a copy for you.
- Do not discuss the accident with the driver, their insurance representative, their employers, or their company’s lawyers.
- Sadly, any one representing the driver is not concerned about your best interest, so be very careful in what you say or share.
- Do not sign any documents. Often there is a rush to settle, yet injuries can take days even weeks to manifest, as do more crucial underlying impairments.
- Try to take pictures of the inside and outside of your vehicle; this supports the condition your car was in when you were hit, as well as the severity of the impact.
- If you took pictures of the accident, be sure to lock them so they are not deleted, and back them up on a computer. They may prove useful when you meet with our attorney.
- If your vehicle is to be towed away, be sure you get your personal items out and the address where your vehicle was towed to, and keep a record of the towing expense as well.
There are many other questions we can answer that will help to build your case, so call us now; Carabin Shaw attorneys are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, to answer your questions and get you on the path to justice. The initial consultation will cost you nothing and could very well make all the difference in the amount of compensation you are awarded.
The law offices of Carabin Shaw can be reached toll-free at 800-862-1260, and our compassionate and professional representatives can handle your call in either English or Spanish, so call today.