El Paso Oil Field Accidents
Working in an El Paso oilfield can be dangerous. According to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), an oilfield worker is up to six times as likely to experience severe injury or death in the field than the typical American worker. If an oilfield accident hurt you, a Texas oilfield accident attorney can help you deal with the aftermath.
At Carabin Shaw, we understand that part of our job is not only assisting clients with their cases but also working to help them get their life back on track after a traumatic incident in the oilfield. Our El Paso construction site injury lawyers are here for you.Oilfield Dangers
The dangers of working in an El Paso oilfield are pervasive. Here are the most common oilfield accidents in El Paso that West Texas injury attorneys handle:
1) Slips and Falls: Many oilfield workers at gas extraction sites have to access equipment and platforms that are far above the ground. Moreover, workers in the El Paso oilfield are typically required to work very long hours in challenging conditions, increasing the possibility of a slip and fall. Even though the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires employers to keep walking surfaces safe, falls from elevated equipment is one of the most common El Paso oilfield accidents.
2) Heavy Equipment Failures: Oilfields make use of dangerous heavy equipment. When the equipment fails, it can cause serious injury. The law states that all employees must receive proper training to operate heavy machinery, and it requires all machines to be maintained appropriately for employee safety. If you have been injured due to heavy equipment failure, oilfield faulty equipment accident lawyers can help you.
3) Well Blowouts: A well blowout is typically caused by a failure in pressure control systems, causing the uncontrolled release of natural gas or crude oil while drilling. Once a blowout occurs, any spark could cause a catastrophic fire. Contact an attorney if a well blowout injured you.
4) Fires and Explosions: At every oilfield site, there is the risk of fire or explosion. Much of the equipment can give off flammable vapors and gases easily ignited by friction, static electricity, open flames, or any other electrical or heat sources.
5) Vehicle Accidents: Many injuries to oil and gas workers occur from vehicles. Wrecks with other worksite vehicles, overturns, and collisions with heavy equipment can cause grave danger to oilfield employees. These types of accidents can sometimes pose problems for the plaintiff to prove responsibility, but our West Texas oilfield injury attorneys know how to beat the odds.
6) Fracking Accidents: Fracking, which involves the pressurized injection of liquid into the earth to create cracks in rock formations that allows space for petroleum or gas to flow, is inherently dangerous. Accidents are happening more and more due to this practice. If you are injured due to fracking, contact an attorney today.
7) Confined Spaces: Sometimes, oilfield workers are required to go in confined spaces, such as storage tanks. These spaces pose many hazards, such as asphyxiation or exposure to hazardous chemicals. A lawyer will know how to proceed if you sustain an injury in an oilfield confined space accident.Carabin Shaw Can Help You Get Justice
If you or a loved one has been a victim of one of the common oilfield accidents in El Paso, West Texas injury attorneys are ready to help you. At Carabin Shaw, we care about our clients getting through the pain and burden of an oilfield injury or death. Our El Paso construction site injury lawyers understand the nuances of Texas law concerning oilfield accidents, and we pledge to represent you with both compassion and ferocity.
Our lawyers are here for you. Don’t hesitate, let our El Paso accident lawyers get you your justice. Dial 915-779-2301 to reach our El Paso office or contact us toll-free at 800-862-1260.