Help for Victims of Corpus Christi Road Construction Accidents
The Texas lawyers at Carabin Shaw regularly seek justice for road construction employees injured at Corpus Christi work sites. Unfortunately, Texas work-zone traffic collisions caused 788 serious injuries in 2022 alone, illustrating the physical risks involved in performing road work.
If you’ve suffered an accident while working at a road construction site, you might wonder how to pursue fair compensation while also healing and adjusting to life with your injuries. An experienced legal team can provide help for victims of Corpus Christi road construction accidents that includes determining liability, damages, and favorable legal strategies.Actions to Take After Your On-the-Job Road Construction Accident
When you sustain occupational injuries, your health and well-being are the top priority. Here’s how you can ensure the best possible outcomes for yourself following a work accident:
- Seek immediate medical attention. A healthcare professional should still evaluate injuries that seem minor to you to ensure proper treatment and documentation.
- Report the incident to a supervisor or employer as soon as possible. This report creates an official record of the event, which may be crucial for legal proceedings.
- Gather and preserve evidence. If possible, you or another capable party should obtain witness contact information, take photos or videos of the scene, and document visible injuries. You can also save physical evidence such as damaged construction equipment or safety gear. These details support your legal claims.
- File a workers’ compensation claim. In Texas, many private employers aren’t legally required to provide workers’ compensation insurance, but most still do. If you can file a claim, your benefits might include coverage for medical expenses, lost wages, and rehabilitation.
Finally, consult with a Texas construction accident lawyer as soon as reasonably possible. Legal specialists in Texas workplace accidents help protect your rights as a worker in Corpus Christi. Your lawyer can assist with filing claims and ensure you receive the compensation you’re entitled to.Third Parties Potentially Responsible for Construction Site Injuries
If your employer provides workers’ compensation, you typically can’t sue them. But you might still have a case against one or more of the following parties:
- Negligent driver
- Contractor or subcontractor
- Equipment manufacturer
- Property owner
- Architect or engineer
Determining liability in road construction accidents can be complex, as multiple parties may share responsibility, and different laws apply to different circumstances. For instance, according to Texas products liability code, you don’t need to prove negligence if a product’s defect leads to harm. However, negligence is key for cases against drivers and others who have a duty to keep your workplace safe.
A construction injury attorney in Corpus Christi can help identify everyone who shares responsibility for your injuries and determine how to hold them accountable.Worth of Your Third-Party Construction Accident Lawsuit
The damages that you can recover in a third-party lawsuit depend on a variety of factors:
- Severity of your injuries
- How noneconomic damages, such as pain and suffering, are calculated
- Quality of evidence and documentation
- Insurance policies and limitations
- Degree of your shared fault, known as “proportionate responsibility” in Texas
A Corpus Christi construction work accident lawyer is familiar with the many factors and understands how legal precedent and case law in Texas affect your case.How an Attorney Can Help with Your Case
Your personal injury attorneys support you in several clearcut ways: evaluating the circumstances of your case, proving third-party liability, calculating recoverable damages, and so on. But Carabin Shaw’s client reviews also illustrate the importance of applying legal knowledge and skills to each client’s unique needs.
To set up a free initial consultation and case review at Carabin Shaw, call the toll-free number 800-862-1260. Staff is available 24/7 and can happily assist you in English or Spanish. By being attuned to your emotions, available resources, and priorities, your Corpus Christi-based legal team prepares an approach that’s customized to you.
For more information:
The Carabin Shaw Offices in Corpus Christi are located two blocks south of the Nueces County Courthouse in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi telephones are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 361.444.1111.