Highway Hazards for Corpus Christi Bikers | Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Riding a motorcycle gives you a feeling of freedom that no other vehicle does. For bikers, this luxury comes with the cost of higher risk of injuries if you’re involved in an accident in Corpus Christi. When you’re on the road, highway hazards for Corpus Christi bikers can be a serious threat.
If you or a loved one was involved in a motorcycle accident, you need an experienced lawyer to fight by your side. At Carabin Shaw, we know what it takes to get you the compensation you deserve. Our Corpus Christi motorcycle lawyers pride themselves on their willingness to fight for you until you get justice.Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Hazards are everywhere for motorcyclists on the road in Corpus Christi, but many accidents can be avoided if you know the most common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Dangerous highway conditions - When roads are under construction, they can be a danger to bikers. Potholes, uneven pavement, barricades, and construction areas with no shoulder all pose a threat to motorcyclists. In these areas, you need to ride with extra caution to prevent an accident from happening. Talk to motorcycle accident attorneys serving Corpus Christi to learn more.
- Drunk drivers - People driving under the influence endanger the lives of everyone on the road, including themselves. If you notice another vehicle swerving in and out of lanes, drifting, speeding, or driving recklessly, they may be a drunk driver. You should do whatever you can to steer clear of them. If you were hit by a drunk driver, an attorney can help.
- Negligent driver - Motorcycle accidents can be caused by the negligence of others on the road such as cars, 18 wheelers, commercial vehicles, or even other motorcyclists. Negligent driving includes disobeying traffic laws like speeding, running red lights, texting and driving, and other issues.
No matter the cause of your accident, a lawyer can help you get compensation for your case. Click to learn more about Motorcycle Accidents in Corpus Christi.
Hazards You May See on the Roads and Highways
The following are some of the greatest highway hazards for Corpus Christi bikers:
- Uneven pavement - Rough, worn-out roads or uneven lanes due to construction can be hazardous for motorcyclists.
- Potholes - Potholes are large holes in the pavement that can cause serious injury for motorcyclists if they run over them.
- Missing or poorly marked signs - Traffic signs inform drivers of speed limits and important information for their safety. When signs are missing or poorly marked, it could have disastrous consequences. Talk to Corpus Christi motorcycle lawyers if your accident was caused by missing signs.
- Improper drainage - When drainage systems aren’t properly working, it can lead to flooding roads. This problem is exacerbated during hurricane season in Corpus Christi.
- Damaged or missing safety features - Safety features such as guardrails, reflectors, speed bumps, and more are all designed to keep everyone safe on the road. When any of these features are missing or damaged, it puts drivers on the road at risk.
Corpus Christi is not only a popular destination for Texas tourists, but is one of the top 10 largest cities in the state with a population of over 400,000. The city has access to a number of highways like U.S. 181, U.S. 77, and I-37, but these highways can be a danger for motorcyclists.How to Get Justice
After a motorcycle accident, you’ll want representation to make sure you get proper compensation. The attorneys at Carabin Shaw know how to get the most out of motorcycle cases. We’ve won over $1 billion for our clients, so you can count on us to get the job done. Our motorcycle accident attorneys serving Corpus Christi are the best in the business. Call us today at 361-444-1111 for a free consultation.
The Carabin Shaw Offices in Corpus Christi are located two blocks south of the Nueces County Courthouse in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi telephones are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 361.444.1111.