Hiring a Corpus Christi Burn Injury Lawyer
The CDC estimates that an American dies in a fire every hour. Each year, over 1.1 million burns will require serious medical attention. In the aftermath of these catastrophic burn accidents, victims and their families require professional assistance in order to receive the justice they deserve. In Corpus Christi, there are a variety of qualified personal injury attorneys available to help local burn accident victims receive compensation for their injuries.
If you are considering hiring a Corpus Christi burn injury lawyer, it may be helpful to hone your search criteria and prepare for your initial consultation. At Carabin Shaw, our top priority is making sure Corpus Christi burn victims find the help they need.What to Look for in a Burn Injury Attorney
Out of all the burn injury attorneys serving Corpus Christi, who is the best fit for your personal injury claim? You may consider several options before making your final choice.
When considering potential attorneys, keep the following in mind:
- Attorney’s specialty practice areas
- Attorney’s level of expertise with burn injury lawsuits
- Attorney’s ability to win fair financial compensation for their clients
- Attorney’s availability and caseload
- Attorney’s fee structure
The choice of personal injury attorney is the most crucial decision you will make throughout the entire claim process. Once you have found the right burn injury lawyer for you, it is time to schedule your initial consultation.What to do Before Your Case Review/Consultation
Many personal injury attorneys in Corpus Christi offer no-cost, no-obligation case reviews for new clients, including Carabin Shaw. This offers burn accident victims the flexibility they need in order to make sure their representation is the best fit. However, just because these consultations are non-binding doesn’t mean you should waste your time and that of any potential attorneys.
In order to have the most informative consultation possible, it is helpful to do the following before your appointment:
Make sure you have copies of any relevant documents.
- This could include medical records, accident reports, bank statements, insurance correspondence, etc. If you do not have physical copies, make sure that you have scanned digital copies you can easily share.
Spend some time looking through the attorney’s website.
- You don’t want to waste any of your appointment time asking questions that can easily be answered by looking at the website; by taking the time to read the attorney’s website, you can eliminate some of your initial questions.
Come to an appointment with a written list of questions and concerns you may have.
- The aftermath of a burn accident is a traumatic time for victims and their families; most likely, you have many questions about filing your burn accident claim. In order to make the most of your consultation, it is helpful to keep a list of these questions so that attorneys can address your most important concerns.
Understand what a case review is and is not.
- The purpose of your consultation is to relay the facts of your case so that the attorney can make an accurate assessment of your claim. Their job is to be honest and tell you whether your claim is valid and how much you can expect to collect in damages. They are not there to tell you only what you want to hear, so be prepared.
If you or a loved one are seeking personal injury attorneys in Corpus Christi, contact the top Texas lawyers at Carabin Shaw today. With nearly three decades of experience in personal injury law and a passion for representing burn victims and their families, our personal injury lawyers are the foremost burn injury attorneys serving Corpus Christi. We proudly serve the interests of burn accident victims, not big insurance companies.
To schedule your no-cost, no-obligation initial case review, call our office toll-free at 800-862-1260 or fill out our online form.
The Carabin Shaw Offices in Corpus Christi are located two blocks south of the Nueces County Courthouse in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi telephones are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 361.444.1111.