How Will a Corpus Christi Swimming Pool Accident Attorney Help Me
After you have been injured in a swimming pool accident, you may be wondering, “How will a Corpus Christi swimming pool accident attorney help me?” The attorneys at Carabin Shaw have years of experience fighting on the behalf of victims of swimming pool accidents. If you live in Corpus Christi and have been injured in a swimming pool accident, we will be sure to hold the negligent parties accountable. It is important to know that you can receive financial compensation if you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence.Texas Regulations for Swimming Pools
In Texas, there are state safety regulations for all public and private pools. If the pool owner does not follow these regulations, our Corpus Christi accident lawyers will hold the owner accountable.
- Pool fencing standards - Every pool in Texas must be enclosed within a fence that is a minimum of 48 inches tall. The fence also cannot be made from climbable material nor any gaps in the fence larger than 4 inches.
- Gate requirements - Pool gates also must be at least 48 inches tall and have self-closing functionality. Young children should not be able to open its latch if the gate is left unlocked.
Swimming pool accidents can happen for a whole spectrum of reasons. Here are some of the most common causes our Corpus Christi injury attorneys have seen throughout the years:
- Inattentive life guards
- Pool gates not up to state standards
- Failure to maintain water clarity
- No or improper cover on the vacuum drain
- Lack of safety equipment
- Unclear depth markers
- Inadequate or defective pool light
A lack of upkeep can result in catastrophic injuries such as broken bones, spinal injuries, and brain damage.Swimming Pool Accident Liability
The swimming pool owner is legally responsible for maintaining safe conditions in and around the pool. If someone is injured as a result of the owner’s lack of maintenance, the accident victim can claim compensation through a premises liability lawsuit. The following parties can be held responsible for your injuries:
- Maintenance companies
- Water park owners
- Private swimming facilities
- Municipal pool overseers
- Private property owners
- Pool product manufacturers
In the case of premises liability, the following elements must be proven:
- The property owner maintained possession of the premises
- The property owner failed to meet their duty of maintaining the pool
- The plaintiff was allowed or had the right to be on the premises
If the pool owner is found negligent, you could be entitled to medical costs, lost wages, and other economic and noneconomic damages. Talk about your accident with one of our attorneys so we can determine which parties are responsible.Why Do I Need a Lawyer for a Swimming Pool Accident?
After an accident, you may be overwhelmed with your medical expenses and physical recovery. We are here to help you out through the often confusing legal process when it comes to premises liability. Every accident is unique and there may be multiple parties responsible for your accident. Hiring one of our Corpus Christi injury attorneys will raise your chances of a successful case and a higher amount of compensation.
Throughout the years, we have helped families that were victims of negligent pool owners at Carabin Shaw. Regardless of how an accident occurred, pool owners need to be held accountable for these accidents. Our Corpus Christi accident lawyers will help you obtain the justice and financial compensation you deserve. We will examine your case and figure out what negligent behavior resulted in your injuries. If you live in Corpus Christi, call our lawyers at 361-444-1111 for a free initial consultation.
The Carabin Shaw Offices in Corpus Christi are located two blocks south of the Nueces County Courthouse in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi telephones are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 361.444.1111.