Kenedy Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice statistics are much more alarming than one may think. A study in 2010 showed a total of 1 million patients injured due to medical malpractice. If you’ve researched frequently asked questions about medical malpractice, and feel as if you have experienced malpractice in Kenedy, contacting an experienced and well-qualified attorney can be instrumental in fighting for the compensation you deserve. A Kenedy medical negligence lawyer at Carabin & Shaw can also answer your other questions, such as who can be sued in a medical malpractice suit, and bring extensive medical malpractice research to the table that can increase your chances of winning your case.
Medical malpractice occurs when a patient is harmed by either a doctor, nurse, or other healthcare professional who failed to provide adequate healthcare treatment due to their own omission or negligence. Malpractice is often misunderstood, however; it does not apply when a patient is unsatisfied with the outcome of their procedure, or when a doctor may have made a minor error or unavoidable mistake. Medical malpractice is only legally viable when the doctor or healthcare provider acted in an unacceptably negligent manner that can be proved to have directly harmed the patient.Medical Malpractice in Kenedy: Who’s Liable?
- Medical Professionals and Staff: Hospitals and their staff are required to be composed of licensed doctors, nurses, and healthcare providers, so if a medical malpractice suit comes to light due to the negligence of one of their employees, they may be held responsible for not investigating their employees’ credentials before allowing them to treat patients. A medical negligence lawyer serving Kenedy can prove extremely beneficial in investigating whether or not the doctor or nurse performing the procedure was properly qualified for their duties before doing so. When you or a loved one is undergoing a procedure in a hospital, pay attention to the top five vital signs to watch for in the hospital to to ensure you or a loved one don’t fall victim to medical malpractice.
- Pharmaceutical companies: Pharmaceutical manufacturers may be held responsible in cases where a prescribed drug served as the cause of injury to a patient. This is only viable if it can be proven that the manufacturer failed to warn the physicians of possible side-effects or dangers affiliated with the drug. Pharmaceutical companies’ main duties are to inform physicians and ensure that any drug that is manufactured has been previously tested, and that dangers and side-effects are always clearly communicated. If this fails to happen, pharmaceutical companies can be held liable, and a medical negligence lawyer in Kenedy should be contacted right away.
- Hospitals and Medical Facilities: Vicarious liability occurs when a person is held responsible not for their own negligence, but for the negligence of those it is directly responsible for. This means that as employers, hospitals bear some responsibility for any employee’s wrongdoing committed within the scope and course of their employment. In medical malpractice cases, the hospital can be held legally liable if your attorney can prove that
- hospital administration was aware of and in a position to prevent the negligent actions of their employees, OR
- the employee motivated to commit the act for the benefit of the hospital.
If you feel as if you or a loved one is a victim of medical malpractice, it is imperative to contact an experienced attorney from Carabin & Shaw as soon as possible. We will work closely with you to investigate whether or not you have a potential case, and if so, we will work around the clock to make sure those responsible answer for your injustice. This process can either escalate to the courtroom or discreetly handled by negotiations between lawyers. A seasoned medical negligence lawyer serving Kenedy will be able to decide which option works best to win you the compensation for medical bills and lost wages you are entitled to.
If you are unsure of where to look, contact Carabin & Shaw in Kenedy at 830.583.2828 or toll-free at 800-862-1260 for a free consultation with our experienced team of attorneys.