Kenedy Personal Injury
We see commercials and hear radio advertisements on them every day – personal injury claims are on the rise. More often than not, personal injury cases result in extreme pain or suffering for the victim or their loved ones, resulting in a state of stress when it comes to deciding how to begin with pursuing justice and compensation for the injury that occurred. If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury in Kenedy, it is imperative to reach out to a Kenedy accident attorney as soon as possible, so you can focus on healing while your attorney focuses on fighting for justice.What is Personal Injury Law ?
Personal injury law is a specialized set of practices used in civil lawsuits. Usually, personal injury cases occur when someone suffers pain from an injury, and that injury is someone else’s responsibility. It’s important to note that not all personal injuries warrant a lawsuit or a case for that matter. An accident attorney can help you sort through these situations.
For example, if you were drinking and driving, and cause an accident that results in an injury, there is hardly a shot at you building a claim for yourself due to your own negligent act. In mostly all instances, a successful personal injury case proves that you have sustained injury due to someone else's negligence, and your case must be able to prove that.What Accidents Are Considered Personal Injuries?
Personal injury law encompasses a lot of different areas, a main one being that personal injury law allows a person to go to civil court seeking a legal remedy for losses stemming from the accident. Personal injury rules can apply to a wide variety of situations. There is a difference between stubbing your toe on a door frame and stubbing your toe on a door frame that was in the way due to someone’s negligence. Being able to tell the difference between what designates something as someone’s else's negligence is the key in personal injury cases. Taking a look at a list of common personal injuries can always be helpful. Some of the most common personal injury accidents include and are not limited to:
- Car Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Slip and fall injuries
- Work related injury
- Product Liability
- Pedestrian or cyclist accidents
- Dog bites
- Assault or battery
The list above highlights a few common examples of personal injuries; however, if you believe you sustained a personal injury due to a negligent act, contact an accident attorney in Kenedy. These attorneys can help you answer tricky questions such as “how soon after I’m injured do I have to file a lawsuit”[hyperlink] and “how do I know if I have a personal injury claim in Kenedy.”[hyperlink] Having an attorney can alleviate stress that can easily accompany a traumatic personal injury. If you are also wondering, “why do I need an attorney for my personal injury case,” look no further. There is a long list of reasons why an attorney can be beneficial to you and your family.
- Insurance companies’ lawyers work hard to make sure you receive the least compensation possible .
- Injuries and medical treatment can become extremely expensive; hiring a seasoned attorney to work your case can ensure that you receive compensation to help support your medical bills so that you may have a speedy recovery.
- Attorneys keep clients’ best interest in mind; whether it is pursuing a full-on personal injury case or offering professional advice, experienced personal injury attorneys will work their hardest to point you in the right direction to receiving compensation and justice for your incident
Besides calling an accident attorney in Kenedy, there are a few other things to keep in mind if you or a loved one is subject to personal injury and are thinking about pursuing a case.
- Seek medical attention: Before you do anything, be sure to seek immediate medical attention. This should always take precedence over anything else.
- Call the police: It is imperative to get the police to the scene as soon as possible so they can begin to assess the situation.
- Take notes: If you are able, take notes of the situation and parties involved. Record license plates and take pictures if you are able.
- Do not speak to other insurance companies: Until you consult an attorney, be cautious as to not give any details to opposing insurance companies. Personal injuries can often be tragic, and speaking when you are distressed or heated can result in comments that may lead you away from winning you case. Wait until you consult an attorney to make any statements.
- Hire an accident attorney serving Kenedy: Do your research when hiring an attorney to represent you in your personal injury case. Make sure to check their track records and history regarding personal injury cases before hiring them. Additionally, it is important to make sure you are completely comfortable with your attorney so in order for the process to run smoother.
If you are confused on where to look for personal injury lawyers, contact Carabin & Shaw for access to a seasoned team with ample experience in winning personal injury cases. Our courteous and professional attorneys are ready to take your case, and we even have bilingual representatives for Spanish-speaking clients. Call Carabin & Shaw today toll-free at 1.800.682.1260 for a free initial consultation.