Road Construction Accident in Corpus Christi Tx
In 2021, 244 work zone traffic accident fatalities occurred in Texas, the highest number in 40 years. In Corpus Christi, construction projects affect major thoroughfares like I-37, U.S. Highway 181, and the Harbor Bridge. When construction accidents on these roads involve motor vehicles, workers are at higher risk of injury or death. The motorists passing through work zones might also be hurt.
The Texas car accident injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw advocate for your compensation from other at-fault parties or defend you if another party believes you share fault for a construction accident. By calling the toll-free number 800-862-1260, you can always set up a free case review and initial consultation. Our legal team members, who speak both English and Spanish, are available every day of the week and hour of the day to address your questions and concerns.Common Causes of Road Construction Accidents
Injuries sustained from moving vehicles are the most common in work zones. Traffic pattern changes can make a familiar roadway even more dangerous. The reasons for this frequently involve driver error, but road contractors and construction workers might share responsibility.
The following factors could contribute to a road construction accident in Corpus Christi, TX:
- Problems with signage, such as lacking or unclear warnings
- Construction debris
- Understaffed construction crews
- Improper equipment, training, or safety protocols
- Drivers accidentally striking construction barriers
- Driver inattention
Under the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), employers owe employees a safe working environment. Drivers are also responsible for following laws and regulations, such as special speed limits, in work zones.
If you’re a construction worker injured in a road accident, a lawyer can help you understand which options are most beneficial to pursue for your case:
- Workers’ compensation: Many employers in Texas offer benefits through insurance, though there might be limits to these benefits that make them insufficient for severe harm or fatalities.
- Personal injury lawsuit: If an employer offers workers’ compensation, you might not be able to sue them for negligence. However, you can sue employers who don’t offer insurance benefits, and you can also file injury claims against negligent drivers, coworkers, equipment manufacturers, and other third parties.
You might also be someone injured while driving through a work zone. In this case, your Corpus Christi car accident lawyers understand all the qualifying situations for compensation, as well as how to show that you didn’t cause anyone else’s injuries.
Consider the following situations that create needlessly dangerous conditions for drivers:
- Lanes change, but there wasn’t any warning.
- Cones fall or are misplaced, causing a road hazard.
- Construction workers aren’t properly trained to signal changes to drivers.
- Flashing lights decrease visibility.
These are just a few examples of how a contractor’s or construction company’s negligence might have caused you to suffer, even if you did your absolute best to prevent an accident.How an Injury Lawyer in Corpus Christi Can Support You
A construction site accident can result in some of the most severe personal injuries, including neck and head injuries. Your injuries might heal relatively quickly, but they might also have consequences that last months, years, or even a lifetime. If accidents cause fatalities, the surviving families also deserve the representation of a legal expert.
An attorney shows up for you in a variety of ways during a road construction accident case, including the following:
- Helping you receive adequate medical attention and documentation
- Assisting you with filing claims and meeting deadlines
- Ensuring that claims appeals are strong
- Building strong lawsuits or defenses
- Representing you in settlement negotiations
In all cases, no matter your involvement, your legal team fights for your best interests. Carabin Shaw’s client reviews consistently demonstrate our clients’ satisfaction with our team’s relentless dedication.
The Carabin Shaw Offices in Corpus Christi are located two blocks south of the Nueces County Courthouse in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi telephones are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 361.444.1111.