Suffering After a Truck Accident in Corpus Christi?
When a truck accident happens in Corpus Christi, it can change the life of the victim forever. Over 50,000 truck crashes cause injury or death every year. The injuries sustained in a wreck could last for years or even the rest of your life.
If you’re suffering after a truck accident in Corpus Christi, we can help. Carabin Shaw is a law firm that puts victims first. When we work a case, our Corpus Christi injury lawyers listen to our clients’ unique circumstances and build a plan that’s right for them to get them the justice they deserve. We want clients to get every penny they deserve, and our truck accident lawyers serving Corpus Christi believe that starts with understanding how pain and suffering is defined and treated in Texas law.Defining Pain and Suffering
Legally, pain and suffering is defined as the physical and/or mental distress that results from being injured in an accident in Corpus Christi. Some examples of pain and suffering are as follows:
- Injuries that cause chronic pain. For example, a spinal injury that leads to daily back pain or brain injuries that cause chronic headaches for victims. If you’re experiencing chronic pain because of an accident, talk to a lawyer.
- When someone suffers from a debilitating, permanent injury, it can cause emotional distress. Some injuries prevent victims from continuing to participate in activities or hobbies they once enjoyed before the accident, leaving their lives altered forever.
- Sometimes, accidents can impact a person’s relationships. An injury that leaves someone paralyzed, for example, may lead to their significant other becoming their caretaker. These situations take an emotional toll. Corpus Christi injury lawyers can get you justice.
- Certain injuries are more painful to treat than others. These types of injuries, such as burns, for example, fall under the legal umbrella of pain and suffering. If you have questions, talk to an attorney.
In cases resulting from Corpus Christi 18 wheeler accidents, there are two types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages. Economic damages are expenses like medical bills, loss of income, property damage, etc. that all have a tangible monetary value. Non-economic damages, however, are those that do not have an exact dollar value, like pain and suffering. Below are some of the common types of damages you can receive compensation for:
- Loss of income
- Property damage
- Medical bills
- Loss of past and future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
To know what damages you can pursue, let our experienced truck accident lawyers serving Corpus Christi review your case.Proving Pain and Suffering
To win damages for pain and suffering, you must prove pain and suffering, which is more difficult than proving economic damages such as loss of income. Most evidence will come in the form of witness testimony, medical evidence, and photos and videos that can accurately paint the picture of how the wreck has negatively impacted your life. The following are the key pieces of evidence you’ll need for you and your lawyer to prove pain and suffering:
- Your medical record, which will show the extent of your injuries
- Testimony from family members and other witnesses
- Testimony from any professionals that have helped you through your suffering such as doctors, psychologists, and physical therapists
- Videos or photos that show the impact the wreck has had on your life
- A journal that documents your pain
- An attorney illustrating your pain and suffering with all the evidence you’ve compiled
If you’re suffering after a truck accident in Corpus Christi, you deserve justice. Our staff at Carabin Shaw can help you get the compensation you’re rightfully owed. We’ve been voted a top 10 firm in client satisfaction because we’ve vowed to fight harder for our clients than any other law firm. Don’t wait, call us today for a free consultation at 361-444-1111.
The Carabin Shaw Offices in Corpus Christi are located two blocks south of the Nueces County Courthouse in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi telephones are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 361.444.1111.