Texas Workplace Injury Lawyers
In Corpus Christi, people are at risk of burn injuries constantly. Car accidents, kitchen fires, and malfunctioning products are a few of the many ways that an accident can cause a victim to suffer burns. Burn injuries can range from mild to severe, with serious burns leaving victims scarred for life and permanently disfigured. Every year, over 1 million people in the United States have burns that require medical attention.
If you or a loved one has suffered burn injuries due to another’s negligence, you should discuss your case with a Corpus Christi burn injury lawyer. Our Texas workplace injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw have been serving Texans for nearly 30 years, and we always vow to do everything we can to help our clients and their families get justice after suffering a tragedy such as burn injuries.When You’re Hurt on the job, you Have Rights
In Corpus Christi, all employees have the right to seek workers’ compensation after a workplace injury. A common misconception is that you cannot collect workers’ compensation if you were at fault for the accident. That’s not true. Insurance companies and employers may try to use that against you in your claim, but our lawyers know how to fight and get the compensation that you deserve.
When pursuing a workers’ comp claim, you have the following rights:
- The right to representation by an attorney. They can help you negotiate a proper settlement.
- The right to disability compensation if your injury leaves you temporarily or permanently unable to return to work.
- The right to appeal any decision.
- The right to receive medical treatment as necessary.
- The right to refuse that your health insurance pay for any medical treatment.
Workplace injuries are typically covered by workers’ compensation. For a workers’ compensation claim, you don’t have to prove fault in any way. All you have to do is show that you were injured during the normal course of your employment. Still, we recommend pursuing your case with our work injury attorneys in Corpus Christi to ensure you file properly and get the compensation you deserve.
Although workers’ compensation is beneficial in some cases, it is not always the best option. Accepting workers’ compensation means your employer is protected from a lawsuit against them. It also only covers certain damages like medical bills and loss of income, but not non-economic damages such as pain and suffering.
Before deciding whether you should accept workers’ comp, consider the following:
- Retaining your job after pursuing workers’ comp - The state of Texas is what’s known as an “at will employment” state, which means your employer does not have to have a reason to fire you. However, under the law, they are not allowed to fire you in retaliation for filing a workers’ compensation claim.
- Lawsuits against a third party - If someone other than you and your employer was responsible for your accident, you can file a lawsuit against them in addition to your workers’ compensation claim. Talk to a Corpus Christi burn injury lawyer to learn more.
- Suing your employer when you don’t receive workers’ comp - If an employer does not have workers’ compensation insurance, you can sue them for the damages you’ve sustained because of your workplace accident.
- Safety resources at work - The workplace should be a safe environment. Your employer should properly train you and provide you with the proper safety equipment to perform your job.
The Law Firm Ready to Fight For You | Free Initial Consultation
Corpus Christi burn victims deserve to be compensated for the damages they’ve suffered. A work injury attorney in Corpus Christi can review your case and fight to get you what you deserve. The Texas workplace injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw have decades of experience that can be applied to your case. Our law firm has won over $1 billion and counting for our previous clients.
For a free consultation, use our online form or call today at 800-862-1260.
The Carabin Shaw Offices in Corpus Christi are located two blocks south of the Nueces County Courthouse in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi telephones are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 361.444.1111.