Top Burn Injury Lawyers in Corpus Christi
Burns are severe injuries that can have consequences that last a lifetime. After a burn injury in Corpus Christi, having someone on your side to help you fight for the compensation you deserve can be vital.
Consulting Corpus Christi burn injury attorneys can help you understand your options in the wake of a burn injury. The Texas personal injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw are among the top burn injury lawyers in Corpus Christi and can review your case for free.Typical Causes of Burn Injuries
One of the most dangerous aspects of burn injuries is that they can happen almost anywhere. In any location where hot surfaces, liquids, chemicals, or electricity can be found, burns can occur. Some of the most common causes of burn injuries are as follows:
- Fire or open flames
- Scalding water, liquid, or steam
- Contact with hot surfaces or metals
- Electric currents
- Chemicals or chemical fumes
- Defective products
If you’ve suffered a burn injury and you believe that someone else’s negligence caused your injury, contact accident attorneys serving Corpus Christi to review your options.Types of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries are categorized in four degrees that increase in severity as the numbers go higher. Each degree requires different courses of action after the injury, so classifying your burn correctly is important.
- First-degree - First-degree burns only affect the outermost layer of skin and typically do not require medical attention. Common symptoms of a first-degree burn are redness, mild pain, and swelling.
- Second-degree - Second-degree burns penetrate to the second layer of skin and are more severe than first-degree burns. You should consult a healthcare professional if you believe you have suffered a second-degree burn. Symptoms include intense pain, severe swelling, blistering, and redness.
- Third-degree - Third-degree burns are serious medical emergencies and emergency medical attention should be sought immediately if you believe you have suffered a third-degree burn. Third-degree burns penetrate all layers of skin and affect muscles and tendons. The area may appear black and leathery or even yellow.
- Fourth-degree - Fourth-degree burns are the most severe burns possible. They reach all the way to bones and nerves and cause serious injuries and possible scarring. Fourth-degree burns are medical emergencies and should be handled by emergency medical professionals as soon as possible.
If you have suffered any of the above types of burns and believe that someone else is at fault, contact experienced Corpus Christi burn injury attorneys to review your options for recovering compensation.Should You Hire an Attorney After a Burn Injury in Corpus Christi?
After any serious burn injury, it is worthwhile to consult an attorney especially if you believe the injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, occurred in a public place, or at work. Accident attorneys serving Corpus Christi often offer free initial case reviews and work on a contingency fee basis which means that there is no fee unless you win the case.
In burn injury cases, there can often be staggering amounts of medical expenses because of the long recovery periods, recurring medical visits, and potential surgeries which means pursuing compensation for these expenses can be critical to maintaining financial stability. The financial burdens that come in the wake of burn injuries can be devastating in some scenarios, so recovering compensation from those who caused your accident is important.Hire a Lawyer You Can Trust | Carabin Shaw
After a burn injury, it is imperative that you have someone on your side that you can trust. Our experienced team of Texas personal injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw has been fighting for injured Texans for 28 years and has recovered over $1 billion for our clients.Free Case Review
Carabin Shaw has also been named a top ten personal injury firm for client satisfaction by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys. Let us help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Call us today for a free, obligation consultation at 800-862-1260 or fill out our online form.
The Carabin Shaw Offices in Corpus Christi are located two blocks south of the Nueces County Courthouse in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi telephones are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 361.444.1111.