What You Need to Know After an 18 Wheeler Collision in Corpus
On Corpus Christi roads, 18 wheelers are a common sight. Unfortunately, trucking accidents are also a common sight. In 2018, there were over 8,000 crashes in Corpus Christi. Thus, it is crucial to know what to do after a trucking accident. If you have been injured in a car accident, get in contact with one of our Corpus Christi trucking accident attorneys from Carabin Shaw.What You Should Know After Your Trucking Accident
Trucking accidents can be overwhelming and their results can be devastating due to the sheer size of the trucks. Our law firm wants you to focus on your recovery while we prepare your case and fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Here is what you need to know after an 18 wheeler collision in Corpus Christi:
- It is Texas law to call in a police report right after a trucking accident: Even if the accident was minor, it is still important to get a report because it will help your lawyer in your accident case.
- Seek medical attention: Our Corpus Christi 18 wheeler accident attorneys want you to prioritize your health. Trucking accidents can result in severe injuries, such as broken bones and spinal trauma, so it is important to see a doctor at your earliest convenience. Medical reports are also valuable in a trucking accident case.
- Do not claim fault: Most times in trucking accidents, the trucking company is the negligent one. Avoid claiming responsibility or even apologizing for the accident because the trucking company will do everything in their power to shift liability onto you so that they don’t have to pay.
- There may be several liable parties: Unlike car accidents, there is typically more than one party at fault in a trucking accident. After an accident, it is important to get the driver’s contact information. If the truck malfunctioned, then the truck manufacturer may be held liable. If the truck was overloaded, the truck driver’s employer may be held accountable. There is no way to know who all the guilty parties are until you speak with our Corpus Christi trucking accident attorneys.
- It is difficult to predict how long your trucking accident case may be: Unfortunately, insurance companies will try to prolong paying you for damages. If they refuse to pay you your rightfully due amount, your case may go to court. Although this is a rare occurrence, our attorneys are prepared to fight for you in court.
- Get in contact with an attorney as soon as you can: If you are wondering who to contact after a trucking accident, our trucking accident lawyer in Corpus Christi from Carabin Shaw wants to help you. We have years of experience with trucking accidents. We know who to contact and how to get you your rightful amount of compensation.
- Your time to file a trucking accident claim is limited: If you have been in a trucking accident, it is important to know that you have two years from the day of the accident to file a claim. This is why it is crucial to get in contact with us as soon as possible - even though two years may seem like a long time now, it goes quickly in the wake of an accident.
If you have any questions about any items on this “what you need to know after an 18 wheeler collision in Corpus Christi” list, talk to one of our Corpus Christi 18 wheeler accident attorneys as soon as you can. The sooner we start working on your case, the sooner we will be able to fight to get the insurance company to pay you what is yours.Need a trucking accident lawyer in Corpus Christi? Call us today
If you or a loved one have been injured in an 18 wheeler accident in Corpus Christi, our law firm wants to fight for you. Call us for a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers at 800-862-1260.
The Carabin Shaw Offices in Corpus Christi are located two blocks south of the Nueces County Courthouse in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi telephones are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 361.444.1111.