Who Can I Sue After a Swimming Pool Accident in Corpus Christi
Summers are brutally hot in Corpus Christi, Texas. Residents and visitors to the Texas coast need to take a break from the heat and cool off in one of the many swimming pools around the city. But what should be a relaxing, enjoyable afternoon can turn into a nightmare quickly.
Swimming pools and the surrounding area are dangerous and, in the United States, thousands of people are injured, some fatally, on an annual basis. Swimming pool accidents can be severe and can cause lasting mental and physical anguish. Even though it was most likely caused accidentally, most swimming pool injuries are preventable, and someone should be held responsible.
Don’t be left wondering “Who can I sue after a swimming pool accident in Corpus Christi?” If you or a loved one have been injured in a swimming pool accident, you will need our swimming pool accident lawyers serving Corpus Christi to fight for you and find those at fault. Call our attorneys at Carabin Shaw today.Do You Need a Corpus Christi Accident Attorney?
Swimming is meant to be a fun and relaxing way to beat the summer heat. But a swimming pool is a dangerous place, and even when you take the best precautions, accidents will happen. Swimming alone or with friends and family can lead to serious and even life-threatening injuries. Here are just a few examples of injuries that can happen at a swimming pool:
- Slipping and falling: The area around the pool is often wet and slippery, especially if the surface is left untreated.
- Broken bones or lacerations: These types of injuries can happen after a slip but also using a ladder or steps to get in and out of the pool, off a diving board or slide, etc.
- Diving board injuries: An accident on a high dive or springboard can cause serious injuries to the head, neck, or limbs.
- Infections: Swimming pools must be treated with chemicals to keep bacteria low. A high bacteria count can cause serious skin and internal infections.
- Electrocution: Some pools use machinery to keep them running. A malfunctioning or loose connection can lead to tragedy next to a body of water.
- Drowning: Drowning can happen in a depth of only a few inches. New swimmers must be watched constantly to prevent this tragedy. If your loved one has been revived after nearly drowning seek medical attention immediately! They could still be at risk for a rare event called “dry drowning” or “secondary drowning.”
If you have suffered any of the above while swimming in a pool in Corpus Christi, seek medical attention immediately then reach out to a lawyer to determine the cause of your accident. A trained attorney will help reduce your pain and suffering by getting compensation to help cover medical bills and living expenses.What Causes Swimming Pool Accidents?
The injuries described above can happen for many reasons. The property owners are responsible for providing a safe area to swim but at times, they can be negligent.
Swimming pool accident lawyers serving Corpus Christi will investigate your case to determine the cause of your accident. Here are some causes of swimming pool accidents:
- Inadequate pool upkeep
- Faulty or inadequate pool lighting
- Missing or defective pool equipment
- Missing safety equipment
- Missing or inadequate pool depth markers
- Damaged diving boards, ladders, or steps
- Missing or improperly trained staff
If you feel like any of the above was the cause of your accident, the Corpus Christi accident attorneys will help you get the compensation you deserve. You shouldn’t be left wondering, “who can I sue after a swimming pool accident in Corpus Christi.” Call a lawyer at Carabin Shaw for a no obligation consultation at 361-444-1111.
The Carabin Shaw Offices in Corpus Christi are located two blocks south of the Nueces County Courthouse in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi telephones are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 361.444.1111.