Wrongful Death- Who Can Make a Claim and What Can They Collect
Those people who have lost a loved one because of an auto accident or in questionable circumstances may need legal help. If this has happened to you, you really need to speak with a Corpus Christi Wrongful Death Lawyer. That lawyer can fully explain your options and give you good advice as to whether to file a wrongful death claim against the party who may be held responsible.
Wrongful death lawsuits are complex and you need to understand that the law absolutely requires that a plaintiff prove fault in order to be compensated.
Our Corpus Christi Wrongful Death Attorneys at Carabin Shaw have years of experience handling in depth the different steps needed in a wrongful death suit. This starts with pre-lawsuit negotiations and goes all the way to your litigation attorney aggressively trying the case before a jury.
If the improper action, inaction, negligence, misconduct or malpractice of another person or party caused you or a loved to suffer from the wrongful death of a family member, contact Carabin Shaw today for immediate case review by one of our experienced attorneys.
Carabin Shaw is well prepared to diligently represent you and/or your family in any claim for wrongful death.
Our experienced legal team understands all too well that this is a stressful and difficult time. The loss of a loved one always is. We are here to help. Sometimes, we can help with monetary assistance during the litigation as well as meet with you and your family to keep you up to date on the progress of your case. It is very important that you understand that cases like these need a close and good relationship between the attorney, yourself and your family.
In, Texas Wrongful Death Claims may be brought or file by:
- The death of a spouse
- The death of a child
- The death of a parent
Some of the elements or factors which are involved in a wrongful death claim include:
- Did the negligent conduct or behavior of another entity, organization, person, or party cause the death of a loved one ;
- Can that party, entity or person be proven to be malicious, negligent, or can she or she be legally found to be “strictly liable” for your loved one’s death;
- Did the decedent have surviving dependents or beneficiaries;
- What can be proven to establish a specific monetary amount of damages which have resulted directly or indirectly from your loved one’s death.
Conceptually, “damages” in any wrongful death claim or lawsuit get paid as recompense to the family members who survive the victim for any losses provable as resulting directly or indirectly from the wrongful death. Damages in such cases may include:
- Lost household income
- The loss of support, service, maintenance and advice that used to be provided by the victim.
- Damages for mental distress connected to the loss
- lost love, comfort, companionship and camaraderie
- Any lost inheritance, including whatever the victim could, and likely would, have saved up and left to their heirs if had they lived a normally long life.
Are you in Corpus Christi? Have you suffered the wrongful death of a loved one?
Give Carabin Shaw a call. We can help. Call us at 361.444.1111, local if you’re in Corpus a Christi.
The Carabin Shaw Offices in Corpus Christi are located two blocks south of the Nueces County Courthouse in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi telephones are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 361.444.1111.