Examples of Medical Malpractice in Floresville
When the sick or injured must place themselves in the care of doctors, nurses, or other medical professional, they assume that these physicians make the patient’s wellbeing as their number one priority. All too often, however, medical negligence hinders a patient’s ability to heal or rehabilitate themselves, or even causes them further injury. If you or someone you care about live in Floresville and are one of the thousands of people afflicted by the shortcomings or negligence of a physician or medical institution, you deserve a chance to obtain full compensation. In these cases, Floresville medical malpractice attorneys from Carabin & Shaw are ready and willing to guide you through this process.
Especially if you have never coped with the after-effects of a malpractice suit before, an experienced and well-versed Floresville attorney may be your best option to reclaim your life and move forward with a successful malpractice claim. Fortunately, the Carabin & Shaw lawyers serving Floresville have more than 20 years of experience securing restitution for victims in Floresville medical malpractice cases. As you begin the claims process, there are a few initial details you should educate yourself about these lawsuits. In all potential examples of medical malpractice Floresville, victims must be able to unequivocally prove the presence of three key precedents to build a successful case:
- Evidence of negligence by the attending medical professional, doctor, or hospital
- Existence of a doctor-patient relationship
- Failure to execute basic service of care OR harm to the patient in the course of treatment
Due to the unpredictable and varietal nature of malpractice suits, as well as the often-challenging confrontation of the guilty parties, the guidance of a knowledgeable attorney may prove itself to be your most important asset in pursuit of full restitution. The first step in this process is to recognize medical malpractice in its many forms. Some of the most frequent examples of medical malpractice in Floresville include:
- Wrongful death:Wrongful death can occur in most any malpractice scenario; it is generally defined by negligence or inattentiveness that causes a fatality. A surgeon who has not done everything reasonably within their power to save a life during surgery, a doctor who rushes to an incorrect diagnosis without considering every detail and possible repercussion, and a nurse who fails to give the proper dosage of life-saving medication are all examples of wrongful death through malpractice.
- Surgical malpractice: When you place your trust in a medical professional, there is a mutual understanding that they will practice their craft with the utmost care and caution, especially where surgery and delicate procedures are concerned. Unfortunately, this is not always the case, and victims in these cases deserve to reclaim restitution for others’ careless or inattentive behavior while under the knife.
- Military medical malpractice: As a member of our nation’s armed services, military men and women deserve the very best medical and treatment available. When there is a failure to provide this, there must be justice for our those who commit their lives to danger so that we may live ours in peace, and those responsible must be held accountable.
- Medical misdiagnosis: Regarding misdiagnosis, it is important to understand the separation between true negligence and an unsuccessful treatment. However, late diagnoses and misdiagnoses are not inherently accusable as cases of malpractice. If the doctor acts in the patient’s best interest, and their effort to make the right call is in a timely but cautious manner, there is no grounds for a misdiagnosis case. Even the medical field is not perfect; all we can ask is that they serve to the best of their ability; anything less from them, however, deserves to be held accountable.
- Failure to administer proper care: Doctors, nurses, or other attending physicians owe their patients a certain required level of care and attention. Malpractice can come in the form of lack of cleanliness or safe conditions at a hospital, wrongful administration of medication, and any other general prevention of a patient’s worsened condition.
- Mental instability: Cases of ‘ill intent’ and deliberate mistreatment aside, a doctor’s mental state can prevent the execution of the right decisions in crucial moments. If it can be proved that your doctor has acted without full presence of mind, whether in the form of mental distraction, mental sickness, or some other instability, reclaiming your losses is a simple matter of gathering evidence and enlisting the help of a lawyer to pursue reparation most effectively.
If you have fallen victim to any of these or other examples of medical malpractice in Floresville, your best chance to obtain maximum compensation is to first obtain proper legal guidance. Contact the Floresville lawyers from Carabin & Shaw today for an obligatory consultation. We even offer initial consultations, free of charge, to all potential clients, to help answer all your questions and guide you towards the best course of action to reclaim your life. Our attorneys are available anytime, day or night. Call us today, toll free, at 800-862-1260.