Next Steps To Take After A Floresville Auto Accident
The town of Floresville, Texas, lies just southeast of San Antonio and is actually considered to be within the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area. In 2012, Floresville suffered its first recorded fatality in a car collision. Since then, this number has continued to increase. In 2016 alone, there were over 100 automobile accidents within the city of Floresville, according to the Texas Department of Transportation.
Immediately following involvement in a Floresville auto accident on any of the city’s roadways, there are a few important next steps to take after a Floresville auto accident which every driver should remain aware of all times. If you are involved in an on-road collision and find yourself wondering what to do, it is recommended you begin by following these simple steps and protocols in the pivotal moments after the crash.
- Turn on your emergency flashers. This will allow other drivers will know an accident has happened and avoid you.
- Check to see if anyone in your car is injured, and if so, call for appropriate medical support and police assistance.
- Pull over to the shoulder or some other area off the roadway that is safe and passable for all cars involved in the accident.
- Exit your vehicle if it is safe to do so and you are physically able.
- Request an accident report from the Floresville police department.
- Take a picture of the scene and the damages to your vehicle with a camera or with your smartphone.
After any incident of auto collision, it is important to understand that you have options, and you deserve to know them. But even as you begin the process of hiring proper legal guidance, the development of your claim has already long begun. At the moment of impact, your fight against the clock begins to obtain evidence and important information which may prove to be your best asset in a claim.
To protect your right to compensation and recovery, you should take these additional next steps to take after a Floresville auto accident to mitigate your damages and establish a line of communication with other involved parties. These will be important when you enlist the professional guidance of a lawyer.
- Exchange names, address, telephone number, and insurance information with other drivers involved.
- Get the names, address, numbers and other necessary contact information of any surrounding witness as well, pedestrian or otherwise, so you know who to call if the accident needs to be further investigated or any detail deciphered.
- Do not discuss the accident with other drivers or witnesses, as the wrong words can jeopardize your claim.
- Remember as many details as you can, and as soon as you can, write down and record specific details about the collision, such as times, dates, location, weather conditions, visibility, witnesses, and the physical and mental state of other drivers.
- If a police officer has been called to the scene, remain at the scene of the accident until the responding officer says you are permitted to leave.
- Call your insurance company and report the accident to them.
- Finally, call your attorney if you are injured or the damage is extensive and requires further assistance, including possibly a lawsuit against culpable parties.
If you or someone you care about has fallen victim to another driver’s negligence in Floresville or anywhere else in Texas, remember and follow these next steps to take after a Floresville auto accident. After you’ve prepared and protected yourself, we recommend contacting one of Carabin & Shaw’s Floresville auto acciden tattorneys for further legal assistance with your claim.
The accident attorneys of Carabin & Shaw have over 20 years of experience fighting for the rights of victims in all forms of personal injury cases. Our team of lawyers is prepared to offer all potential clients a free initial consultation free of charge to help them understand their best options moving forward. We even provide the services of bilingual lawyers, for all our Spanish speaking clients.
To schedule your free consultation, call one of our auto accident lawyers in Floresville today at 830.393.8822, or call our toll-free line any time of the day or night at 1.800.862.1260.