Nursing Home Residents
Nursing homes are mandated to train and supervise the nursing home staff properly. Unfortunately, not all nursing homes are properly staffed. In fact most nursing homes are understaffed. It’s our job to research and investigate whether you or your family have a viable claim against the nursing home. Call Carabin Shaw.
It is important to understand that there are Texas laws and regulations which govern nursing homes. There are reports and paperwork which must be maintained for all nursing homes in Texas. Many nursing homes do not properly maintain their records.
When nursing homes fail to properly document staff and occurrences, it can be an attempt to cover up abuse or neglect. When they do this, it can be difficult for an ordinary person to tell that this is what they are doing. You need an experienced attorney to investigate the conduct and procedures of the nursing home.
Call Carabin Shaw, we will fight for your loved one’s rights. Call 1.800.862.1260.
Nursing home abuse and neglect involves the failure of a medical professional or care giver provide skilled, reasonable care. If you know of or suspect that any of the following incidents have occurred, turn to one of our team of lawyers right away for assistance:
- Wrongful death
- Failure to offer proper medical attention
- Verbal abuse
- Failure to provide proper shelter
- Physical abuse
- Maintaining an unsafe environment
- Medication errors
- Failure to provide adequate nutrition
- Failure to assist with bathing/bathroom necessities
Call us if you see any of the following signs of neglect, abuse or wrongdoing:
- Bed sores or ulcers
- Unsanitary conditions at the nursing facility
- Resident is hesitant to speak in front of staff
- Resident is fearful of staff
- Infections or frequent illness
- Unusual or sudden changes in the behavior of your loved one (agitation, rocking, tremors, anxiety attacks)
- Unexplained injuries, wounds or bruises
- Malnutrition (rapid weight loss or gain)
- Unexplained or unexpected death