Nursing Home Negligence
Some of the failures of nursing homes can be quickly identified other times a full investigation must occur to find what went wrong. If you believe that your loved one suffered an injury, abuse or neglect at a nursing home call Carabin Shaw at 1.800.862.1260.
Examples of neglect that could contribute to the development of bed sores in a nursing home include:
- Immobile residents who are allowed to remain in the same position for extended periods of time
- Failure to check regularly enough for signs of bed sores
- Failure to provide proper fluids and nutrition
- Failure to notify the physician and the family when sores develop to that your loved one can get proper treatment
- Allowing moisture to remain too close to the skin, which can result from not changing soiled adult diapers or wet bed sheets.
When nursing homes neglect obvious conditions, the results can be so severe that it rises to the level of actionable abuse. Also, it is common to see other types of nursing home neglect when bedsores are present.
For example, when a resident is not being turned or repositioned, the facility may be failing to provide proper food and water. This can lead to problems with dehydration or malnutrition. This can also be actionable abuse.
Failure to report the existence of bedsores or any other changes in your loved one’s condition can result in your loved one being left with untreated open wounds. In severe cases, unrecognized pressure sores or inappropriately treated ulcers could result in septic shock or gangrene. Unfortunately, in many cases, a nursing homes may not even notify the family or physician of the existence of bedsores.
Our team can review all the circumstances surrounding your loved one’s treatment to determine if your they or you may be entitled to compensation.
Call Carabin Shaw, we will fight for your loved one’s rights. Call 1.800.862.1260.