Pleasanton Auto Accidents
Time is crucial, and the law offices of Carabin & Shaw highly recommend you call our Pleasanton auto accident attorney immediately. Please remember, time is of the essence when it comes to verifying the facts in your case and protecting evidence.Medical Care and Compensation
The first thing victims of Pleasanton auto accidents should do is to take care of yourself and any loved ones who may have been injured; obtain a medical evaluation by your primary care doctor or go to an urgent care and be checked, even if you only have a few aches and pains. Keep copies of records and findings as this information directly impacts the amount of compensation you may be awarded.
It is important that you make sure you or your loved one do not have any hidden injuries or trauma to areas that are not immediately noticeable. It’s quite possible to be injured and not have immediate symptoms. A concussion is caused by trauma to the head, and it’s a prime example of a medical diagnosis that may be unseen.
The mind has a way of handling pain and trauma to the body; the initial shock is often concealed and the real impact of an accident is usually not felt until a day or two later; it’s then the pain and symptoms begin to surface. You find you can’t get out of bed, you hurt all over, or the idea of getting behind the wheel of a car causes paralyzing anxiety to rise up inside you.
Please, take care of yourself and your loved ones first. Then, contact Carabin & Shaw auto accident attorney in Pleasanton so we can begin the process to secure compensation for the trauma and injuries you or your loved ones have suffered.Auto Accident Litigation and Details
We highly recommend that you call and talk with one of our auto accident attorneys before you talk to or provide details to the other person’s insurance company. In fact, DO NOT discuss the accident with the person who hit you or with their insurance.
- Carefully consider too what you post on social media sites; this could be used to undermine your case. Consider making detailed notes of what happened as soon after the accident as you comfortably can.
- Write down the exact details of what happened, as best as you can recall. Details like who was driving each vehicle, which directions were the cars headed, was there a red, yellow or green light, who was at which light. Were you turning left, right, or at a stop? Were you merging or going straight? The more details the better.
- Sketch a diagram to help organize your thoughts and memory of the accident. When you were first hit you were most likely dazed and in shock; there may be missing pieces on what happened that start to come back to you shortly after the accident. As time passes details can become fuzzy, so write them down.
No memory is too trivial; let our attorneys decide what, if any of the information you provide is trivial and what is significant. This is what we’re here for, it’s what we do. Call a Carabin & Shaw auto accident attorney in Pleasanton today and let us work to help you preserve the evidence that can help win your case.Damages and Compensation
When an accident happens your thoughts immediately go to the pain and suffering you are experiencing. You worry about the medical expenses, getting the care you need, or sadly, how do you bury your loved one. It’s all so unexpected and traumatic. On top of all this you worry about your car; how do you replace it? So many things run through your mind. What should you expect and what do you do? Following is a list that may help you organize your thoughts and have a plan of action.
- Call 911 and wait for the police to arrive.
- Do NOT discuss what happened with the person at fault; do exchange insurance information.
- Obtain the accident report number from the officer who comes to the scene.
- Ask for names and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- Take pictures of the accident from every angle; take pictures of the inside of your car too.
- Go to the emergency room or your primary care physician immediately after the accident.
- If your car is totaled it will be towed away; get your personal items out, including important papers or valuables; again take pictures of the interior.
- Call Carabin & Shaw and get representation from an auto accident attorney serving Pleasanton as soon as possible.
- Compensation is directly tied to the degree of injury suffered as a result of the accident
- Compensation covers expenses for medical costs as a result of an injury suffered during the accident
- Compensation is possible for future medical expenses when directly related to the auto accident injury
- You may receive reimbursement for lost wages when work is missed due to the accident
- Compensation is available to help cover replacement or repairs of your vehicle
- You may be entitled to monetary compensation for the loss of a loved one’s support
- Compensation is possible for funeral expenses if a loved one died as a result of the accident
- Compensation is considered for suffering due to dealing with pain or the grief at the loss of a loved one
Carabin & Shaw attorneys are available 24/7 and will provide a free initial consultation with an auto accident attorney serving Pleasanton. Our attorney will meet with you in the office, at your home, at the hospital, or even provide a consultation over the phone.
Call us today at 800-862-1260, and let us insure your rights are protected and you receive all of the compensation you are entitled to receive.