What Accidents are Considered Personal Injuries?
Whether you are an employee at risk of a workplace injury, a medical patient, the operator of a motor vehicle, or even a pedestrian in Uvalde, many people find themselves susceptible at one time or another to personal injury. In many of these cases, culpability for damages and injuries accrued can be traced back to the responsible party, in which case legal representation can help you obtain compensation for losses.
At Carabin & Shaw, our lawyers have assisted thousands of victims in a variety of personal injury claims. If you or someone you care about has fallen victim to a personal injury in Uvalde, or anywhere else in Texas, contact a Carabin & Shaw Uvalde personal injury attorney today.
Especially if you have never handled the personal injury claims process before and find yourself faced with the confusing fine print surrounding a personal injury case, it is important to understand that help is just a call away. You deserve guidance, as well as answers to all of your personal injury settlement and lawsuit questions, such as why do I need an attorney for my case , or as covered here, what accidents are considered personal injuries.
In each of these cases, no matter how seemingly trivial or fruitless, retaining a lawyer who is dedicated to representing each client fairly and fully can prove to be the difference between success and failure when the claim reaches the settlement phase. The attorneys at our law firm have over 22 years of experience in handling all types of personal injury cases while helping clients in Uvalde to regain their normal lives once more.What Accidents are Considered Personal Injuries?
The first step every victim filing a Uvalde personal injury claim should take to maximize their chances of full compensation lies in self-education, to include knowing just what accidents are considered personal injuries. This question has an ever-evolving assortment of answers that can vary from case to case. Some of the most common types of personal injury losses include:
- Medical malpractice: Personal injury statistics indicate that medical malpractice is now likely the third largest cause of death in the United States annually. The negligence of a physician or hospital can severely worsen a patient’s situation, and even faulty medical equipment and medication can cause treatments to do more harm than good.
- Workplace accidents: These include slips and falls, burns, or other physical injuries suffered while on the job, and crane and other machinery mishaps. When you are on the clock, it natural to assume that your employer has taken every worst-case scenario into account, and that they have created a safe and healthy environment for their employees. Unfortunately, this is not always the case.
- Auto accidents: Perhaps the most frequently occurring cause of personal injury cases are the injuries and damages sustained in automobile accidents. Vehicle repair costs, physical harm, loss of financial security, post-accident rehabilitation, and even death are just a few of the repercussions commonly suffered in auto accidents. Those most directly at fault must be brought to justice for these losses.
- Product liability: This not only applies to unsafe or defective household appliances, but also to products you may not overtly think about, such as medication or car parts. In an auto accident, for example, the responsibility may rest on the shoulders of the automobile manufacturers, part suppliers, or safety regulators who have neglected or otherwise failed to release the safest product for consumers.
- Dog bites: A dog owner legally assumes the responsibility of the animal’s behavior when he or she becomes the pet’s official custodian. If you have been bitten or otherwise harmed by an animal owned by someone else, the owner can be held responsible for medical bills, rehabilitation, loss of wages, or other effects of the incident.
At Carabin & Shaw, our lawyers are committed to help guide you towards the best path to financial reimbursement, loss recovery, and overall life reclamation upon the conclusion of your personal injury case. After the unfair, negligent, unsafe, or malicious actions of a third party has caused you to suffer, you should never have to fight for compensation alone.
The law firm of Carabin & Shaw offers every potential client a non-obligatory initial consultation, completely free of charge, to better inform you of the best options available to you. Call the knowledgeable Carabin & Shaw attorneys serving Uvalde today at 830.253.2282 or toll-free at 1.800.682.1260, day or night.