Personal Injury Stats
Statistics, or stats, are designed to help people understand how the particular details surrounding their San Antonio accident fit into a larger picture of similar circumstances, thus providing much needed comfort and information. Our lawyers keep up to date on such stats, since we never know when such information might be helpful to a current or future client. But more than that, it is important to our attorneys that your case is seen as part of a larger trend of accident statistics. This helps San Antonio lawmakers change current legislation to make roads safer and convinces courtroom judges and juries to award greater amounts of compensation to victims needing to recover from such accidents.
Each area of the law accumulates its own particular group of statistics; for instance, cases involving a San Antonio personal injury attorney also involve personal injury stats. The following is a list of personal injury stats which our lawyers might use to corroborate your San Antonio accident:
- Personal injury accidents result in over 31 million emergency room visits each year.
- More than 90,000 people die in the United States as a result of unintentional accidents.
- Each year, 1/4 of all children sustain a personal injury serious enough to require medical attention, school absences, or bed rest.
- Personal injury slips and falls are the leading cause of personal-injury-related deaths among Americans aged 70 and older.
- Personal injury slip and falls are also the leading cause of non-fatal injuries to children, accounting for over 2.5 million emergency visits annually.
- Drowning in swimming pools, lakes, and oceans account for the second leading cause of personal injury-related deaths in children.
- Personal injury-related deaths from residential fires claim over 3,360 lives and result in well over $4.6 billion in property damage every year.
- Improper use of fireworks causes over 8,500 personal injuries each year.
- Each year, over 600,000 people are treated in emergency rooms as a result of personal injuries suffered while riding a bicycle, and over 750 bicyclists die from such personal injuries each year.
- Every 40 seconds, someone in the United States seeks medical attention for a dog bite, which is covered by personal injury law.
- Personal injuries to children while playing on a playground result in over 200,000 emergency visits each year.
- Over two million people called poison control centers regarding accidental poisonings resulting in personal injuries.
- In an average year, 40 percent of personal injury or traffic fatalities are alcohol-related.
- The consumption of alcohol is a factor in 40 percent of fire-related deaths each year.
- The consumption of alcohol is also a factor in 50 percent of drowning deaths.
- One out of every ten construction workers will suffer a personal injury each year.
- Auto accidents are the leading cause of personal injury-related deaths in the United States for people aged 34 years and younger.
- Well over 3.5 million people are injured in motor vehicle accidents in the United States each year, and another 42,000 die as a result of auto accidents.
Our lawyers are here to protect as many San Antonio residents as they possibly can from adding to any of the above personal injury stats. We do this by offering free consultations to everyone who reaches out to us for help. Before you sign anything official, we want to make sure your case has been reviewed and a legal strategy created for helping you receive the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys want to explain and make sure you understand how we will represent you and your interests before you sign on. Call our San Antonio office today at 210-222-2288, or toll-free at 1-800-862-1260.