After an Auto Accident
It is estimated that in the duration of an average driver’s time on the road in their life, they will be involved in 3 to 4 car accidents of varying degrees of seriousness. Most of them will not be life threatening or fatal; but even these can affect your quality of life. If you are involved in an auto accident, motorcycle accident, or trucking accident, having someone by your side through the ordeal is a tremendous relief. The attorneys at Carabin Shaw have represented countless individuals involved in auto accidents for over 20 years. If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident and you are in San Antonio or surrounding areas, there is a San Antonio auto accident attorney willing to help. If you have sustained injuries as a result of a negligent driver you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim against the parties at fault; our lawyers can guide your through this process. Do not hesitate to contact Carabin Shaw after an auto accident. We are here for you.
The San Antonio auto accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw work with the best investigators at our disposal to determine the cause of your car crash. We work closely with our own medical experts to document the full extent of your injuries. If it is determined that your injuries are the indeed the result of another’s negligent or reckless behavior, we are committed to fighting for the maximum compensation possible for you and your family.
When you get behind the wheel of a car, no one expects to deal with the repercussions of an auto accident. It is easy to assume that common sense dictates what is to be done after a crash. And while this might be true, the truth is that common sense can desert us when our bodies and minds are under the intense stress that follows after an auto accident.
It is a good idea to keep this simple checklist in your car with your other important documents, including registration and proper identification. These are the steps you should engage in to properly handle the situation:
- Get medical help for anyone injured.
- Always call the police. Your uninsured motorist coverage pays for a hit-and-run accident only if you report the accident to the police.
- Move your car, if possible, to avoid blocking traffic and to protect it from further loss or damage. Be careful and alert - many people are injured at accident scenes each year by other drivers who are not paying attention.
- Get the other driver’s name, address, telephone number, license number, and insurance information.
- Record the insurance company’s name and the policy number exactly as they appear on the other involved driver’s proof-of-insurance card.
- Don’t sign anything except a ticket, citation, or report issued by the police officer.
- Notify your insurance company upon returning home. They will want the names and addresses of witnesses or injured persons. Do not sign any document that releases a legal right.
- Contact us to find out about your right to recover for your injuries and expenses.
The experienced car accident attorneys at Carabin Shaw recognize that although an accident can occur in seconds, the serious injuries, pain, disability, and financial losses that result after an auto accident can last a lifetime. Every single day, innocent victims are severely injured and sometimes killed in collisions caused by negligent drivers. Be sure to contact one of the knowledgeable attorneys at Carabin Shaw for guidance before you agree to any premature settlement with an insurance company.
It is important to remember that insurance companies are not in the business of paying claims, no matter what their advertisements state. They are in the business of collecting premiums. The truth is, insurance adjusters do not have your best interests in mind. You must be careful not to allow their interests to interfere with your ability to obtain proper recompense. Texas law gives you only two years from the date of the accident to settle or file suit on an accident claim. This includes the Central Texas region of San Antonio.
Call our attorneys to learn all of your legal rights after an auto accident. You have resources at your disposal, and those resources begin and end with our experienced team.
Main offices located in San Antonio, Texas.