10 Best Attorney Client Satisfaction
Google verifed reviews
BBB - Acredited Business A+
Texas Trial Lawyers Association
AVVO Rating - James Michael Shaw 10.0

Renewing Your Green Card

There are two forms that can be used to renew one’s green card. Form I-751 is used if you have your “conditional residence”, which is based on a marriage that is less than two years old. For individuals who have their ten year green card, Form I-90 will be used.

Form I-90

As stated above this is used if you would like to renew your ten year green card. It is also the correct form to use when you want to replace a lost green card or if you need to change your name.

Before renewing your green card, it is a good idea to see if you qualify to apply for U.S. citizen.

Form I-751  

In filing Form I-751, it is very important to remember that the form must be filed 90 days before the card is to expire . If the form is not filed on time your status in the U.S. will expire and you will considered to be in the U.S. illegally.
Evidence of your relationship will need to be submitted along with the form. This evidence can include, joint financial documents, photos, or affidavits from friends and family. You will also need to include two passport style photos and the filing fee.
Filing out the forms is self-explanatory, but one may need to seek assistance from a lawyer in instance that they have fallen out of status or have received a criminal conviction while being a legal permanent resident.  

If you need more information on this or other immigration matters please contact the Carabin Shaw 800-862-1260 - toll free
Client Reviews
We are very glad we called Carabin Shaw after our accident. We now recommend them to everyone. - Griselda S.
You want Carabin Shaw on your side after an accident. They were excellent. - Valerie S.
In our opinion, no one is better, Carabin Shaw is the Law Firm you want on your side after an accident. - Amanda G.
The attorneys and staff went out of their way to help us after our accident. Thank you Carabin Shaw. - Melinda F.
We did our research after our accident and chose Carabin Shaw. They were great. Highly recommend. Joel Y.