10 Best Attorney Client Satisfaction
Google verifed reviews
BBB - Acredited Business A+
Texas Trial Lawyers Association
AVVO Rating - James Michael Shaw 10.0

Path to Citizenship

Our Law Firm is just one call away. Our Firm can help you file for citizenship status and help you with the problems that may arise.

You may be eligible for citizenship through naturalization if you are:

  1. A lawful permanent resident at least 18 years old.
  2. A resident for at least three months in the state you have filed the petition in.
  3. A permanent resident for five years – unless you have obtained permanent residence through marriage, this time may be shortened to three years.
  4. A continuous resident of the US from the date the petition is filed to the date of citizenship.
  5. Of good moral character for the five years (and possibly longer).
  6. Present in the US for at least 2 ½ of the five years (or 1 ½ of three if married to a US citizen) with no absences longer than one year.
  7. Able to demonstrate a basic understanding of US government and history through a brief written and oral examination. This may be waived for persons over 65 who have been in the US for more than 20 years.
  8. Able to demonstrate an elementary understanding of the English language both written and oral. This is waived for persons over fifty or who have been in the US legally for more than 20 years.

You can obtain citizenship by birth if you are born on US soil according to the 14th Amendment. If you are born outside the US to US citizens you can obtain citizenship by acquisition at birth. The last way to obtain citizenship is by derivation through naturalization of parents. If a child is born outside the US, he or she can obtain citizenship through the naturalization of the parents.

Contact our immigration lawyers today. The immigration lawyers of Carabin Shaw will file all paperwork and keep on top of any complications that may arise. Call 800-862-1260

Client Reviews
We are very glad we called Carabin Shaw after our accident. We now recommend them to everyone. - Griselda S.
You want Carabin Shaw on your side after an accident. They were excellent. - Valerie S.
In our opinion, no one is better, Carabin Shaw is the Law Firm you want on your side after an accident. - Amanda G.
The attorneys and staff went out of their way to help us after our accident. Thank you Carabin Shaw. - Melinda F.
We did our research after our accident and chose Carabin Shaw. They were great. Highly recommend. Joel Y.