Home & Fire Explosion Attorney
If the inability to respond safely to a fire or cause of the fire was because of the action or negligence of a third party, you may have a right to recovery from those responsible. Carabin Shaw injury lawyers will take the steps required to determine who the responsible parties may be. Talk to our team today for an in depth analysis of your home, apartment or mobile home fire / explosion. We only charge a fee if we successfully recover compensation for you.Some Statistics About House Fires Involving Injury and Death of Occupants
- House fires resulted in more than $11.7 billion in property damage in 2011
- More than 90 % of civilian structure fire deaths were because of house fires
- The leading cause of house fires across the United States has been and continues to be cooking
- The kitchen remains the primary location for the start of house fires (42%) and injuries (38%)
- Elderly Americans continue to make up a disproportionate number of house fire deaths. We can attribute this to lowered reaction times and reduced hearing/vision
- While the bedroom was the point of origin for only 7% of all house fires, these were responsible for a quarter of the house fire deaths
- While only 4% of all home fires start in the den, family room, or living room, these are accountable for 24% of all house fire deaths
- A person’s chance of surviving a house fire increase dramatically when they have a working smoke alarm. However, while many households have at least one alarm, maintenance of these alarms is often inadequate
Flammable liquids, Defective smoke detectors, gas explosions, faulty wiring and wrongly upholstered furniture are all different reasons that our clients have recovered. It is important to combine any possible evidence we have at our disposal to determine how our client can get the compensation they are entitled to.
Depending on the situation, it is possible to take the following parties to court:
- The propane company (provided that a propane tank explosion caused the fire)
- An electrician and his or her employer (faulty wiring for example)
- The gas company (provided that a gas explosion caused the fire)
- The contractor who built the home
- The manufacturer who created the defective fire alarm
- The manufacturer who created flammable furniture
- The landlord of the building who may not have properly maintained the premises
- The manufacturer who created a defective appliance (heater, stove, dryer, etc.)
It’s important to know where the fire may have originated to ensure that it cannot happen again. This means visiting the scene with trained experts who will look at a number of different aspects:
- What was the pattern of damage?
- What was the arc damage? (The result of a rapid release of energy, possibly because of electrical failure)
- How did the fire ventilate?
- What materials burned
- Was work being performed by an outside contractor or company in the home or in the nearby area?
- Where is the lowest level of fire damage?
- Where is the area of the most severe fire damage?
Research and eyewitness testimony will help the experts determine what led to the fire. Every fire is unique, so it is essential to have a qualified professional go through these steps to determine the cause and origin of the fire.Attorneys For Injury & Damage Caused by Home Fires
The Carabin Shaw Law Firm lawyers understand that once fire victims and their families it is important to continue living after a fire and to get the compensation they need to move on. That is why we fight for those families who experienced a house fire or explosion that leads to property damage, personal injury or wrongful death.