Premises Liability – Slip & Fall
The Premises accident, referred to as a “slip and fall" describes the type of loss that occurs usually as a result of a defective surface, a slippery substance, or other dangerous conditions. These injuries commonly will occur at restaurants, supermarkets, and shopping malls. The fact that you become injured from a slip, trip, or fall does not necessarily mean that someone else is legally responsible for your injury. The owner or operator of a business has a legal duty to maintain the premises in a reasonably safe condition, or at least warn the public of a dangerous condition that they caused, were aware of, or should have been aware of. If these tests are not met, and you injure yourself on their property as a result of their failure to meet these conditions, you may have a valid claim against the business owner or operator. Premises liability claims encompass a variety of injuries including but not limited to:
- Injuries sustained in elevators
- Injuries sustained in stores
- Injuries sustained in building corridors
- Injuries sustained outside on private or public land
- Injuries sustained in resorts
- Injuries sustained during recreational activities
- Injuries from toxic chemical exposure
- Injuries from toxic mold
- Lead poisoning
- Defective lighting
- Failure to warn of hazardous conditions on the property
- Improperly maintained equipment
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Other dangerous conditions of the premises
For immediate assistance, call us toll-free at 1.800.862.1260.
We are very glad we called Carabin Shaw after our accident. We now recommend them to everyone. Griselda S.
You want Carabin Shaw on your side after an accident. They were excellent. Valerie S.
In our opinion, no one is better, Carabin Shaw is the Law Firm you want on your side after an accident. Amanda G.
The attorneys and staff went out of their way to help us after our accident. Thank you Carabin Shaw. Melinda F.
We did our research after our accident and chose Carabin Shaw. They were great. Highly recommend. Joel Y.