Each and every year over one and half million individual Americans suffer a serious and life altering brain injury. These brain injuries are often life changing, wherein the victim and his or her family are faced with numerous challenges, obstacles and untold medical expenses. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury as a result of the negligence of another call our Law Firm day or night we can help. Our Injury Attorneys can help determine the cause and extent of the injuries and force the responsible parties to pay damages for the brain injury, medical expenses, future loss of income and other damages. Call our Law Firm when the cause of the injury was due to carelessness or negligence of another. Call us toll free at 1-800-862-1260. Let the Injury Lawyers at the Carabin and Shaw Law Firm fight for you. The injury lawyers at Carabin & Shaw have over 100 years of combined experience. Our Law Firm has successfully represented thousands of injury clients and death cases. Contact our injury lawyers and attorneys, we will evaluate the case absolutely free of charge and without obligation. Call us at 1-800-862-1260.Brain Injuries
The are two types of brain injuries:
- Blunt Force - this type of head and brain injury is called a traumatic brain injury. These types of brain injuries occur often in auto accidents and car wrecks as well as construction accidents, workplace accidents and other impacting collision type losses.
- Lack of Oxygen - this type of brain injury is called an anoxic brain injury. These types of brain injuries can cause paralysis, unconsciousness and even death. We have seen these types of brain injuries in underwater diving accidents, industrial accidents, petroleum accidents and medical malpractice cases.
Traumatic Brain Injuries are caused by sudden acceleration and/or deceleration of the brain. This type of brain injury will occur when an individuals' skull comes in contact with a hard surface or a hard object. The impact of the persons brain with the skull will cause a tearing of the nerves, bruising of the brain tissue, brain stem injuries, fluid and swelling on the brain. When swelling occurs, it is the human body's attempt to heal the damage tissue, but this swelling of the damaged brain tissue can often cause serious problems and complications that can lead to one's death. Wherein the brain cavity is not capable to handle to swelling, the brain has nowhere to swell, resulting in intense pressure. Severe swelling of the brain as a result of a brain injury can cause further damage to the brain. This damage further destroys memory, motor function and our the ability of ones' body to continue. Traumatic Brain Injuries are often seen after severe auto accidents, motorcycle accidents or crashes, and sporting injuries.Anoxic Brain Injuries
One suffers an Anoxic Brain Injury when the supply of oxygen is cut off to the brain. This often occurs in medical mistakes, industrial accidents, swimming pool accidents and underwater diving accidents as well as in surgery complications. This type of injury can also occur in other accidents where the supply of oxygen is cut off or limited or reduced to a point of causing brain damage.Common resulting medical and physical conditions that can result after Brain Injuries:
- Moderate to Severe Paralysis
- The loss of voluntary or involuntary motor functions
- Moderate to Severe Memory loss
- Modification or alteration in ones' thinking patterns, decision making processes, ability to plan, safe or prudent or reasonable judgment, organizational skills, ability to read and/or write on the same level as pre-brain injury loss or accident.
- Sensory loss such as ones' vision or eyesight, speech, touch, taste, smelling, or hearing.
- Overly Fatigue, weakness, and balance or equilibrium
- Emotional disabilities including depression, anxiety, coping skills, excessive laughing or excessive crying or abnormal ticks in ones' behavior.
- Reduced sexual drive or interest and/or complete sexual dysfunction
A brain injury can be an emotionally devastating injury and can often be financially overwhelming. If you or a loved one or a family member has suffered from a traumatic brain injury you should also seek immediate medical attention and follow-up with a brain injury medical specialist or neurologists.. If you feel that the brain injury was the result of neglect, carelessness or negligence of another - contact the Texas Injury Lawyers of Carabin and Shaw for a free case evaluation. We have the legal experience you need on your side, we have offices throughout the State of Texas to serve you, and we are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Do not delay; contact the Law Firm of Carabin and Shaw. For immediate assistance, call us toll-free at 1-800-862-1260.