Carabin Shaw Law Firm Oil Field Injury Attorneys Know Common Causes of Accidents
Due to the dangers brought about by the conditions of oil and gas fields, many Eagle Ford Shale workers from San Antonio, Laredo, and elsewhere in the state can suffer catastrophic injuries from oil and gas accidents at any given moment. The oil industry can be a volatile environment for on-site workers throughout San Antonio and indeed the entire state of Texas.
The conditions in an oil field sometimes place employees in precarious positions of danger, occasionally causing serious accidents to arise from these conditions. If you or someone you know has been seriously injured or killed as a result of an oil field accident, call a San Antonio oil field accident attorney at the law firm of Carabin & Shaw. Our top-notch team of knowledgeable and professional lawyers is standing by day and night to help you.Carabin & Shaw Law Firm Oil Field Injury Attorneys Know Common Causes of Accidents
The unfortunate truth behind these mishaps is that most oil and gas job site accidents are entirely preventable. Every company should have a strong safety policy within their guidelines, and workers should take more care in their day to day activities. However, this is not always the case. If you have fallen victim to this kind of negligence, our team of San Antonio attorneys can help you obtain the compensation you deserve if you have been hurt as a result of this sort of breakdown in safety regulations. We can help, first and foremost because the Carabin & Shaw law firm oil field injury attorneys know common causes of accidents.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an oil or gas accident in the San Antonio or Eagle Ford Shale area and all surrounding regions, the San Antonio law offices of Carabin & Shaw wants to help you. Our dedicated team of lawyers knows the rules and regulations that oil field employers and workers should be following in order to avoid hazardous circumstances and unfortunate casualties, and we will fight at all costs to see you obtain recompense when a breach of said protocol has caused you harm.Oil and Gas Job Site Safety Tips
Our attorneys see time after time that unfortunate tragedy inevitably results when basic protocols are ignored. Some common safety tips frequently ignored that can potentially lead to an on-site casualty are:
- Completing a Thorough Job Safety Analysis - Before the start of a shift, many workers fail to indicate and analyze the to-do list for the day, in order to better spot the potential hazards involved in the day-to-day obligations as well as actions necessary to eliminate or reduce risk of injury. Failure to do so often leads to failure in properly preparing for hazards and risks that could culminate in truly disastrous results.
- Safely Operating Heavy Equipment - Operators fail to read and comprehend the manuals of all equipment they operate at the site. Before working with a machine, they must fully understand the operation controls, proper operation, and have assessed the operating conditions. Failure to understand the equipment can lead to a multitude of dangerous outcomes.
- Be aware of walking and working surfaces - Many times, slips, trips, and falls are not avoided due to poor housekeeping and general maintenance of the workplace. Failure to keep walkways clear of tools and debris, and inattentiveness in cleaning spills immediately all make for a dangerous environment for oil field workers. Failure to keep clear working spaces and safe paths to walk on is as good as asking for an accident to happen.
Some of these other safety tips are also commonly ignored:
- Ensuring tools are in proper working order
- Following safe excavation procedures
- Engaging your mind before your hands
- Following safe and proper pressure testing procedures
- Understanding and following safe practices for material handling.
When you find yourself in need of expert legal representation for your job site accidents, contact our attorneys in San Antonio day or night at 210.222.2288. You won’t need to wait for the information you need and a free consultation, because the Carabin & Shaw law firm oil field injury attorneys know common causes of accidents, and understand the most effective way to obtain compensation if you are involved in oil and gas accidents.