Brief Overview of Jet Ski Accidents & Injuries
It’s no surprise with the heat in San Antonio that many residents flock to local watering holes to cool off. With an endless supply of rivers, lakes and beaches to cool down at Texas residents are in luck. With these recreational areas come boats, paddleboards, jet skis and other watercrafts that help people enjoy their time while they are out splashing around. Many of us know the risks associated with water alone, but add in these water vessels and the danger for injury or death increases significantly.
If you find yourself injured by a jet ski, the law offices of Carabin & Shaw have a San Antonio jet ski accident lawyer ready to come to your aide. Contact us today so we can get to work for you.
Just like other maritime and boating accidents, jet ski accidents can be legally prosecuted in San Antonio under the basic concept of negligence. Either the injured person or the injured person's family, through professional and experienced attorneys, need to prove that the other party was liable to take care of them. It must be proved that this duty was breached and that an injury was sustained because of negligence.
In some cases, injuries from jet ski accidents can be severe and catastrophic. Some of these injuries include head and brain trauma, spinal cord injuries, lacerations, fractures, amputations and even death. In order to increase your chances of winning a case, you need to hire an experienced, qualified and professional jet ski accident attorney. Our jet ski accident attorneys have years of experience in handling such cases, and they will ensure you receive the fair compensation that you deserve. Our aggressive boating accident lawyers can handle claims arising from the many scenarios presented in our brief overview of jet ski accidents & injuries.Brief Overview of Jet Ski Accidents & Injuries:
These are just a few of the possible factors that might indicate negligence in a jet ski accident case.
- Operation at high or dangerous speeds
- Inexperience of the operator or lack of training
- Lack of proper safety and operational training as required by law.
- This can be a major fault, and may lead to some severe injuries.
- Operating a jet ski or vessel under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- It is just as illegal to operate a jet ski or other water vessel while intoxicated or under the influence as it is when operating a car. BWI or BUI is a real thing and can be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- Not paying attention to the presence of other swimmers and/or boaters
- Speeding by different vessel drivers or jet ski operators
- Nonexistent or insufficient navigation lights
- Restricted vision leading to an accident
- Inclement weather or hazardous waters
- Ignoring such conditions is one of the major causes of jet ski accidents. Such negligence should not be taken lightly.
- Reckless or negligent behavior of some other parties
- Failure by a rental company to provide you with safety equipment.
- Rental companies are required by law to provide riders with functional and high quality safety equipment.
Our brief overview of jet ski accidents & injuries only reveals a few reasons why an individual may be able to file a claim after being involved in one of the many boating and jet ski accidents that happen in San Antonio every year.
As mentioned, if you have been injured in a jet ski accident, it is important to hire an experienced jet ski accident lawyer. You need to choose a law firm with years of experience in this field. Hiring a knowledgeable jet ski accident attorney who is well versed with all the legal policies, rules and regulations related to jet ski accidents will enable you to receive the compensation that you deserve.
The San Antonio law firm of Carabin & Shaw employs only highly qualified and experienced jet ski accident attorneys. We aggressively strive to increase your chances of winning the case so you receive fair compensation from the liable parties. Contact us any day or time to receive a free consultation at 210-222-2288, or toll-free at 800-862-1260.