Your Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
With an increasing number of motorcycles on San Antonio roadways, the risk for motorcycle accidents has never been greater. A debilitating and serious motorcycle accident can have life-changing effects.
Motorcycle accidents in San Antonio are a combination of events between an operator’s actions, the behavior of vehicles involved, and the surrounding environment. No two motorcycle crashes are alike, but they are all violent occurrences resulting in injury or death more than 80 percent of the time. Given the exposure motorcycle operators and their passengers have to being suddenly and violently ejected from the motorcycle, it’s easy to see how serious these events are.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that motorcycle riders continue to be overrepresented in fatal traffic crashes. In 2021, there were 5,932 motorcyclists killed - 14% of all traffic fatalities. NHTSA data show that this is the highest number of motorcyclists killed since at least 1975. The National Safety Council reports that fatalities among motorcycle riders and passengers increased 8% from 2020 to 2021, while the rate per 100 million vehicle miles traveled decreased by 2%. Over the last 10 years, deaths have increased 19%, while death rates have increased 29%.
There is a range of costs of hospital treatment based on type and severity of injury. According to the NHTSA, hospital bills comprise the majority of motorcycle accident costs. They put treatment for injured motorcycle riders at about $4,569 on average. If a severe head injury is involved, the costs will be much higher. This is because serious head injuries can take months or even years to fully heal. In worse cases, they may even lead to long-term, irreversible disabilities.
Many injuries are related to head trauma. Even if a motorcycle operator is wearing a helmet, if it is poorly or improperly designed, it will not offer the protection needed in a motorcycle crash.
As a victim of a motorcycle accident in San Antonio, you may be suffering and in pain. You may be uncertain about the long-term effects of your motorcycle accident. You may very well have questions that need answers, such as:
- How do I get compensated for my pain and suffering?
- When can I go back to work?
- Who is going to pay my medical bills?
- Will my life ever get back to normal?
- Should I hire an attorney to help?
Your motorcycle accident attorneys at Carabin Shaw know that following a motorcycle accident, you have questions that need answers. Our team of experienced attorneys is here to get help you get the answers you need in the aftermath of an accident.
- We can explain why you should always keep all medical appointments in order to maximize your possible damages.
- We can explain why to always follow doctors' orders, even if they restrict your activity.
- We can explain that the insurers sometimes take misleading photos and videos of you and how to avoid having these damage your case.
- We can explain why you shouldn't sign anything from the insurance company that we have not reviewed with you.
- We can explain why you should't give a statement, especially a recorded statement to any insurance company representative without a lawyer present who is on your side.
- We can explain the various types of damages that may be available in your case to help compensate you for your injuries.
- We can explain ways you can get help with your medical bills.
- We can explain ways you can get help getting prescriptions filled.
Recovering both physically and financially after a motorcycle accident is overwhelming enough. Add to that process the prospect of dealing with the insurance company as they investigate the accident and it can quickly become a highly stressful situation. You don’t need to face it alone. You want an experienced attorney on your side.
Attorney Jamie Shaw is just one of your motorcycle accident attorneys and is a licensed motorcycle operator himself. He has represented individuals injured in motorcycle accidents for over 30 years. He understands the complexities and dangers of operating a motorcycle and the risks they face while sharing the road with other vehicles.
Our law firm offers a free, no obligation consultation to discuss in detail your motorcycle accident loss. Call the San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw; we will fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Consider the team at Carabin Shaw your motorcycle accident attorneys. Call to schedule an appointment and free case consultation in San Antonio with one of our lawyers at 210-222-2288, or call toll-free at 800-862-1260.