Texas Asbestos Lung Cancer Lawsuit - Navigating Financial Relief for Victims
According to the most recent data, Texas saw the third most new mesothelioma cases of any US state. Asbestos exposure, which is common among veterans and construction workers throughout the 20th century, is the only known cause of this deadly cancer. Today, financial relief for asbestos victims is available through a number of avenues.
If you or someone you know has fallen victim to asbestos related lung cancer, a skilled attorney, such as those at Carabin Shaw, can be essential in securing you the restitution you deserve.Who is Eligible for Financial Relief?
The most common victims of asbestos exposure are employees who are exposed in the workplace. These individuals may seek compensation for themselves, but the surviving family members of deceased victims may also be eligible for financial reparations. Additionally, if you share a household with someone who was exposed to asbestos in the workplace, you may fall ill due to secondary exposure.
Others may be exposed to asbestos from household products such as insulation, makeup, or hair dryers. Anyone who is exposed to asbestos and develops lung cancer is likely eligible to receive compensation.What Forms of Compensation are Available?
Exposure to asbestos is generally the result of the negligence of an employer or manufacturer of products containing the material. Navigating Asbestos Lawsuits in Texas can be complicated, but can secure you crucial financial relief in the following ways:
- Personal injury or wrongful death lawsuits - Legal action can often be brought against employers as well as asbestos manufacturers and distributors.
- Asbestos trust funds - Bankrupt asbestos manufacturers have set up trust funds that can provide compensation to victims of asbestos exposure.
- Veterans benefits - The Department of Veterans Affairs may provide compensation to those exposed to asbestos during their military service.
- Workers’ compensation - As the majority of asbestos exposure occurs in the workplace, medical expenses and lost wages may be covered through workers’ compensation claims.
Recent reforms have made it more difficult to prove causation in Texas asbestos lung cancer lawsuits. Whether you plan to file a lawsuit or pursue compensation from an asbestos bankruptcy trust, an experienced lawyer is invaluable in gathering the evidence necessary to win your case.
Navigating the complexities of the legal system can be made easy by our team of knowledgeable attorneys at Carabin Shaw. We offer our services on a contingency fee basis, meaning we don’t get paid unless you do.What Type of Evidence is Relevant to My Case?
It is essential that you present firm evidence linking your lung cancer to asbestos exposure when pursuing financial compensation. Our top Texas attorneys at Carabin Shaw can help you assemble the following:
- Medical records - Documentation of biopsy results, treatment plans, and medical history are essential in connecting your lung cancer to asbestos exposure.
- Documentation of product identification - Product labels, manuals, or testimony can establish the presence of asbestos in products you were exposed to.
- Work history - Employment records are key evidence in proving where and when you were exposed to asbestos.
- Evidence of employer negligence - Safety inspection records or other evidence that your employer failed to follow necessary safety measures can help prove employer negligence.
- Witness statements - Witnesses can provide valuable testimony regarding your asbestos exposure or substandard workplace conditions.
- Photographic evidence - Photographs can provide valuable documentation of unsafe workplaces, or products and equipment that contain asbestos.
For evidence of our expert ability to help you secure financial relief for your asbestos related lung cancer, look no further than Carabin Shaw’s client reviews. Our decades of experience can help ease the stress of navigating a complex legal system during your illness. Call us at 800-862-1260 where our English and Spanish speaking staff are available 24/7. Take advantage of our free initial consultation to begin the process of securing your financial relief today.
For more information: